Calling anyone with a sweet tooth (Picture: TikTok)
Who doesn’t love a bit of chocolatey goodness every once in a while?
If you’re in search of your next cocoa fix then TikTok has you covered with an insanely delicious-looking Nutella pancake recipe.
The pancakes, made tastefully by Archersfood, have amassed a staggering 74 million views and 7.5 million likes so far.
With nearly 60,000 comments begging for the recipe, we thought we’d bring it to you, so you can indulge in the fluffy chocolate treat.
According to Maia and Noemi Archer, who are the masterminds behind these intensely gooey pancakes, the first step is to freeze your Nutella 30 minutes before cooking your pancakes.
Freezing the Nutella means it’s easier to handle and not that messy, you will be able to grab it with your hands and place it in the middle of the Nutella pancake without any trouble.
If you don’t have time to freeze the Nutella before cooking, that’s fine, it just might be a little stickier.
While there’s no denying you might get full after the first few bites, we can’t say we aren’t salivating at the thought of it.
So without further ado, here is what you need and how to whip them up.
110 g granulated sugar
250 ml whole fat cow milk
Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
270 g all purpose flour
30 g cocoa powder
Two teaspoons baking powder
100 g Nutella
Try this supersize Nutella pancake recipe (picture: tiktok.com/@archersfood)
1. Firstly, crack and whisk the two eggs in a bowl. Then, pour the sugar into the bowl while you whisk the eggs to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed.
2. Pour in your oil and milk, then add your sifted flour and baking powder into the batter. Mix it all up with the help of a whisk and if it’s looking a tad lumpy, feel free to blend the batter until smooth.
3. Place a non-stick pan over a low heat and add a couple of drops of oil. Maia and Noemi recommend spreading the oil with a paper towel to evenly coat the pan. When your pan is warm (not too hot) add some of your pancake batter, cover the pan with a lid and cook it for one minute on low heat.
Flip your pancake when it starts to look like this on top (Picture: tiktok.com/@archersfood)
4. After a minute, add your frozen Nutella on top of the cooked batter. Then add another spoonful of batter to the pan, only to cover the Nutella and cover it with a lid again. When the batter on top starts to bubble but isn’t cooked, it’s time to flip.
5. Then make sure the pancake is cooked on the underside and remove it from the heat. Repeat the whole process with as many pancakes as the batter will make.
6. Lastly, feel free to drizzle as much Nutella as you can handle on top before chowing down.
Drizzle the pancakes with as much goodness as you can handle (Picture: tiktok.com/@archersfood)
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected].
Is there such a thing as too much chocolate?