- Brazil ex-leader Bolsonaro denies coup allegations
- Zelensky says 31,000 troops killed since the start of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- Police search for missing Sydney couple’s bodies
- ‘Tory Party sliding into toxic rhetoric’ – the full perspective
- The Observer – Islamophobia: Starmer turns on Tories over toxic rhetoric
- The Sunday Telegraph – Bodyguards for MPs as extremism threats rise
- The Sunday Times – Bodyguards for 3 female MPs as safety fears rise
- Sunday People – £61m lottery winner’s feud with brother
Financial Times – Israel’s allies warn citizens to leave Lebanon as regional tension rise
The Financial Times leads on the news that countries including the UK, US and Germany have told their citizens to leave Lebanon amid fears the war between Hamas and Israel could spill over into the country.
Shelling between northern Israel and southern Lebanon – a stronghold of the Iranian-backed Hezbollah – is rising, increasing fears of a conflict wider than just between Israel and Hamas.
The paper says that the British embassy’s advice to its citizens in Lebanon is that the situation could deteriorate quickly and with no warning.
Readers try to decide what their favourite Nintendo video game is, from the early days of Super Metroid right up
‘Whatever is on the agenda could bring a lot of pleasure…’
A hostage-taking manual was found on Hamas gunmen, which instructs them to ‘create chaos’ and ‘violence and terrorism.’
A cap on the number of refugees using safe and legal routes to Britain will be introduced in January 2025,
It has been an exhausting year.
Chloe returns from hospital.