The Minister of Foreign Affairs in Ukraine has put out a strong statement stating its intention to help its citizens and others leave the country.
It comes amid reports that “almost all” of the US embassy’s staff are at the airport waiting for evacuation.
Ukrainian aircraft stationed in Afghanistan took citizens of Ukraine, the Netherlands, Croatia, Belarus, Afghanistan out of Kabul. They’re safe now. We don’t abandon our people & help others. In case of further requests, will do everything possible to help Ukrainians & foreigners
— Dmytro Kuleba (@DmytroKuleba) August 15, 2021
In the meantime, the Taliban have issued statements saying they plan to establish a government and a rule of law. The Us withdrawal from Afghanistan has come under scathing attacks globally, as the Taliban have undone 20 years of work in less than 40 days.
A summary of the extraordinary events since the US withdrawal from Afghanistan
- Afghanistan’s government has collapsed, with reports that its president Ashraf Ghani has fled to Uzbekistan
- Thousands of residents and foreign nationals are trying to escape Kabul, with scenes of chaos and panic being seen at its airport
- More than 60 countries have issued a joint statement calling for security and civil order to be immediately restored, and asking the Taliban to let those who wish to do so leave
- Earlier today, the US completed the evacuation of its embassy and took down the flag at its diplomatic quarters
- Analysts have expressed that activists are spreading false news expressing concerns for women in Afghanistan
………………………………….Leave a comment