Cristiano Ronaldo injury - what’s going on in the Manchester Untied dressing room
What is happening?
What are the facts?
- Cristiano Ronaldo was absent from Sunday’s Manchester derby – due to a hip injury.
- Sports pundits say “it doesn’t add up”.
- Reports of conflicts between Ronaldo and teammates in Man Utd dressing room.
- Ronaldo reportedly flew to Portugal during Manchester derby – some papers claiming it upset teammates.
- The reports come amid ongoing poor performance from Manchester United.
- Claims Ronaldo is going to be dropped when the new Man Utd manager comes in.
Keir Starmer is accused of piling pressure on police with threat to quit if he’s fined over Beergate
The Daily Mail accuses Sir Keir of putting pressure on detectives who now know that their decisions could decapitate the official opposition.
The Sun describes the Labour leader’s announcement as a desperate and outrageous attempt to strong-arm police into clearing him.
The Daily Mirror contrasts his move with the prime minister’s refusal to go after he was fined. “This is what honour looks like, Mr Johnson” is the paper’s headline.
FT says the Labour leader has struggled to define himself with voters. By offering to resign if he is fined by police he stands in sharp contrast to Boris Johnson