- Premier League fixtures this weekend – 02/03
- WSL: Vivianne Miedema out for weeks after knee surgery
- The Independent – How did they let this monster join the Met?
- The Guardian – More than 100 Palestinians die in chaos surrounding Gaza aid convoy
- Metro – Goodbye my old pal
- The Sun – Geri’s husband did send sexts
- Daily Express – This can’t go on! 1.4m granted UK visas last year
- Daily Mirror – How many more are hiding in plain sight?
The Guardian – Tory dismay as PM seeks to soften net zero pledges
The Guardian leads on the news that some Conservatives are “dismayed” at the news that Rishi Sunak is looking into softening the government’s commitment to net zero.
One senior Tory tells the paper that the change would be the “greatest mistake of [Mr Sunak’s] premiership” and could cost jobs and increase energy bills. The paper also quotes Emma Pinchbeck, chief executive of Energy UK, saying the plans are “not a great look for UK plc”.
Mirror Sport – Munchen Impossible The back page of the Daily Mirror reports on Manchester United facing Harry Kane-led Bayern
Police officer who shot dead unarmed rapper Chris Kaba charged with murder The Telegraph says The police officer who shot
Flood warnings as rain leaves hundreds without power More than 500 properties have been hit by power cuts as a
England’s junior doctors join consultants in joint NHS strikes England’s junior doctors are joining consultants for their first joint strikes
Braverman and Facebook clash over private message plans Home Secretary Suella Braverman and Facebook owner Meta have clashed over the
Today’s news summary – Paper Talk PM retreats on climate promises and Sir Keir meets with Macron Wednesday’s front-page report