Two flight attendants were treated for smoke inhalation following the incident (Picture: Getty Images)
A pilot had to make an ‘unscheduled landing’ after an overheated laptop caught fire on a Lufthansa plane.
The Monday night flight had been bound for Frankfurt, Germany.
But after leaving Los Angeles, the pilot was forced to made a detour for Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.
A passenger’s laptop had overheated and caught fire, the airline said.
Monday night’s surprise landing at O’Hare was a precautionary step following the incident.
The fire was out by the time the plane made a safe landing, WLS-TV reported.
None of the passengers were injured, but two flight attendants were treated for smoke inhalation following the ‘unscheduled landing,’ Lufthansa said in a statement.
The airline said its ground staff was helping passengers get rebooked for flights to their final destinations and said it ‘regrets the inconvenience caused to passengers.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Two flight attendants were treated for smoke inhalation following the incident.