What are the facts?
- Russia has ordered troops into two breakaway regions of eastern Ukraine run by Moscow-backed separatists – Donetsk and Lugansk
- Putin has recognised the two breakaway regions as independent
- Russia says the troops will perform “peacekeeping functions”, which the US has said is “nonsense”.
- PM Boris Johnson says UK will introduce sanctions
- Germany has put on hold a major gas pipeline project from Russia, Nord Stream 2
- In a fiery televised speech on Monday, Putin argued Ukraine had no history of being a true nation
- Ukraine’s President Zelensky, in his own late-night speech, said Ukraine was not afraid and would not yield anything to anyone
Fox News says LEGACY MEDIA REACTION to the Supreme Court’s abortion ruling on Friday was even more predictable than the ruling itself.
CNN says MINNESOTA TO CALIFORNIA, Florida, Ohio, South Carolina, New York and many, many places in between.
The New York Times says FOR NEARLY 50 years, conservative Christians marched, strategized and prayed. And then, on an ordinary Friday morning in June, the day they had dreamed of finally came.
While the world talked about Roe v Wade, the US Supreme Court was quietly reshaping the landscape in other ways
ABC News says AFTER HALF A CENTURY, Americans’ constitutional right to get an abortion has been overturned by the Supreme Court.