- Jamie Carragher explains why Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool snubbed move for Tottenham star James Maddison
- Getafe blast rival fans for chanting ‘Greenwood, die’ at Mason Greenwood
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update on Trent Alexander-Arnold ahead of Liverpool vs Tottenham
- Man Utd confirm Antony return amid domestic abuse allegations
- Eddie Howe issues injury update on Alexander Isak, Sven Botman and Callum Wilson after Newcastle United beat Manchester City
- Kim Kardashian eviscerated for bombshell about Kourtney’s kids and secret WhatsApp group
- Ed Sheeran: Autumn Variations review – seasonal melancholy and the 5 songs that will be huge hits
- Idris Elba calls for crackdown after schoolgirl Elianne Andam, 15, stabbed to death in Croydon
The Guardian-Met warns it will take years to clear out rogue officers
The Guardian reports that the Metropolitan Police have said that it will take them years to root out rogue officers due to the amount currently suspended or on restricted duties.
The paper says Britain’s biggest force has revealed that 201 officers are suspended and 860 are on restricted duties. It quotes Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stuart Cundy saying a “paradox” in the process meant “the harder we work, the more energy we put into identifying those who shouldn’t be in policing…, the more difficult cases, the more difficult stories will become public, and rightly so”.
The front page has a photo of former PM Liz Truss who has gave a speech blaming everyone but herself for crashing the economy.
Government outlines plan to crack down on NHS staff strikes The Independent says Rishi Sunak’s government has revealed its plan
Steve Barclay criticises ‘increasing militancy’ of NHS strikes as consultants walk out Sky News says Health Secretary Steve Barclay has
Chelmsford murder probe: Human remains found at defendant’s home Human remains have been found at a home in Pump Hill,
Number of English schools with Raac increases to 174 New figures published by the government show the number of schools
1,000 Met Police officers suspended or on restricted duties The Met Police have said more than 1,000 Metropolitan Police officers
Today’s news summary – Paper Talk Paper Talk: Cops probe new Russell Brand claim as more women come forward Tuesday’s