- FA Cup fixtures – Chelsea face leads, Man Utd take on Forest
- England 5-1 Italy – Successful Spain camp for Lionesses
- Devastated Adele postpones five weeks of Las Vegas residency after falling ‘sick’
- Peaky Blinders star reveals truth behind ‘worrying’ appearance after sparking concern
- Family of young man involved in Huw Edwards scandal blasts BBC
- Jesse Baird’s housemates ‘unknowingly slept where TV star’s body was buried and mistook blood for beetroot juice’
- Hollywood actor refused to work with A-list co-star after being ‘screamed at’ on set
- Good Time actor Buddy Duress dies aged 38 as cause of death confirmed
The Guardian – Campaigners plan legal challenges to Sunak’s U-turn on green policies
Green campaigners are seeking to legally challenge Prime Minister Rishi Sunak after he announced a raft of changes to the UK’s climate pledges, The Guardian reports. It comes after Mr Sunak announced delays and extensions to a number of climate-related targets that critics say will make it harder for the government to meet a legally-binding commitment to eliminate the UK’s contribution to the level of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere by 2050.
The paper says that a number of campaign groups, including Friends of the Earth and the Good Law Project, are exploring legal action.
The paper also features Rupert Murdoch stepping down as chairman of his media empire.
Labour pledges more watchdog power after Truss mini-budget Labour is making election promises ahead of the next UK general election
Tax cuts ‘virtually impossible’ at present, says Jeremy Hunt Jeremy Hunt has said it will be “virtually impossible” to deliver
Girl receives UK’s first rejection-free kidney from mum An eight-year-old girl has become the first UK child to receive a
Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas for children’s return to England British actress Sophie Turner has sued her ex-husband, the US
Today’s news summary – Paper Talk Paper Talk: Rupert Murdoch quits – ‘end of an era’ marked by greed Friday’s
Elementor #551731 September 22, 20231 Min Read Summary of the Top 6 headlines today The Guardian – Campaigners plan legal