Death toll in China’s Henan floods triples to 302, dozens missing
Aljazeera says the death toll from last month’s devastating floods in central China has risen to 302 with dozens of people still missing, according to officials, tripling the number of fatalities reported last week.
Zhengzhou, the state capital of Henan province, was hardest hit with 292 people dead and 47 missing, the local government said at a news briefing on Monday. Three people remain missing in other areas of the province.
Zhengzhou, home to 12 million people, saw a year’s worth of rain in just three days and residents found themselves trapped in underground train carriages, car parks and road tunnels by the swiftly rising waters.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
Facebook – Please like our page
Twitter – Twitter updates available in English and Arabic. Please follow us and we would love to hear from you
Instagram – Follow our pages in English and Arabic