Full list of eligible residents; how to book appointments: All you need to know.
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has included new categories of people who can book an appointment for vaccination.
Under the directives of Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the DHA announced that all valid Dubai resident visa holders aged 40 and above can now register to receive COVID-19 vaccination at DHA facilities.
Who are eligible?
- All valid Dubai residency visa holders aged 40 and above.
- Dubai visa holders with chronic diseases or people of determination aged 16 and above.
- All Emiratis aged 16 and above.
- Elderly individuals aged 60 and above with a valid residency visa issued in any Emirate, provided they can prove they reside in Dubai.
- Gulf nationals with a valid Emirates ID.
- Frontliners and vital sector workers.
The DHA currently offers the Sinopharm, Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines against Covid-19.
Age limits revised
The Dubai Health Authority announced it has expanded the age limits for receiving the vaccine.
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine can now be administered to all individuals 16 years and above (instead of 18 years and above);
- Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine can be administered to anyone aged 18 and above, instead of those between 18-65 years.
How to book an appointment
Dr. Farida Al Khaja, CEO of DHA’s Clinical Support Services and Nursing Sector and Chairperson of the Covid-19 Vaccination Steering Committee, said the targeted categories can book a vaccination appointment through the DHA App or DHA Contact Centre (800-342).
Appointments for frontliners and vital sector workers will be scheduled in coordination with government departments and the institutions they work for.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
Facebook – Please like our page
Twitter – Twitter updates available in English and Arabic. Please follow us and we would love to hear from you
Instagram – Follow our pages in English and ArabicLeave a comment