Pub chef’s undercooked shepherd’s pie kills woman, 92, and leaves 31 others ill
The Daily Mirror says A 92-year-old parishioner died and 31 other pub diners fell ill after they were struck down by food poisoning at a harvest supper.
Elizabeth Neuman was rushed to hospital after eating a shepherd’s pie at the Crewe Arms pub in Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Northamptonshire, but died from an internal haemorrhage.
A further 31 people who had meals at the pub on October 8, 2018, were also unwell while only three diners were fine and that was because they ordered vegetarian options, , reported the Daily Star.
John Croucher, the 40-year-old former head chef, was handed a four-month suspended jail sentence at Reading Crown Court on Tuesday.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
Facebook – Please like our page
Twitter – Twitter updates available in English and Arabic. Please follow us and we would love to hear from you
Instagram – Follow our pages in English and Arabic