Man who grabbed Queen’s coffin did not believe she was dead, court hears
The Guardian says A man who appeared to grab the flag draped over the Queen’s coffin planned to trespass at royal residences including Buckingham Palace because he did not believe she was dead, a court has heard.
Muhammad Khan, 28, allegedly left the queue in Westminster Hall on Friday night while the monarch was lying in state as the live feed briefly cut away.
Khan was arrested and appeared at Westminster magistrates court on Tuesday, charged with two counts under the Public Order Act.
Luke Staton, prosecuting, said Khan had been among about 250,000 people who filed through the hall between 5pm on Wednesday and Monday morning to pay their respects after queuing for hours along the banks of the River Thames.