Man charged with murder of boy, 15, in Manchester
The Guardian says a man has been charged with the murder of a 15-year-old boy and the attempted murder of the teenager’s mother.
Jakub Szymanski was fatally stabbed while reportedly trying to protect his mother during the attack in Manchester on Thursday.
Katarzyna Bastek survived but her son died in hospital from his injuries about an hour after emergency services were called to an address in Miles Platting.
Greater Manchester police said Suleman Altaf, 44, had been charged with murder, attempted murder and having a bladed article in a public place. Altaf, of no fixed abode, is due to appear at Manchester and Salford magistrates court later on Monday.
Detectives previously said the suspect, who was arrested in Kent, was known to the victims and described the stabbing as a “domestic incident”.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
Facebook – Please like our page
Twitter – Twitter updates available in English and Arabic. Please follow us and we would love to hear from you
Instagram – Follow our pages in English and Arabic