Today’s news summary – Paper Talk
Wednesday’s front pages focus heavily on President Joe Biden’s decision to not extend the 31 August withdrawal date of US troops in Afghanistan – despite PM Boris Johnson and other world leaders pleas during a G7 meeting on the Afghanistan crisis.
The Guardian picks up on sources claims that UK troops are set to withdraw within 24 to 36 hours. Whilst the Financial Times adds that the fear for many Afghans is that the Taliban will “persecute those who worked for Western militaries”.
Wednesday’s front pages
- The Sun – ‘Charlie: the rock behind the stones’
- The Daily Mail – ‘Taliban slam the door shut’
- Daily Mirror – Rock mourns, ‘Miss you Charlie’
- The Metro – ‘PM fails to pursued Biden to extend 31 Aug deadline’
- The Guardian – ‘UK troops to leave Kabul within 24 to 36 hours’
- The i – Hopes fade in Kabul: ‘Last chance to escape the Taliban’
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE WTX NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
Facebook – Please like our page
Twitter – Twitter updates available in English and Arabic. Please follow us and we would love to hear from you
Instagram – Follow our pages in English and Arabic