Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Climbers seek to deepen connection with British Columbia’s forests

    August 18, 2026

    Florida holds primaries for governor and Senate alongside key races in Alaska and Wyoming

    August 18, 2026

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Climbers seek to deepen connection with British Columbia’s forests
    • Florida holds primaries for governor and Senate alongside key races in Alaska and Wyoming
    • Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated
    • Trump threatens military action against Oman over Iran conflict involvement
    • Greece lifts dairy transport ban from Lesbos following disease outbreak
    • Germany Warns EU Electricity Tax Plan Threatens National Sovereignty
    • Summerland residents return home as around 1,200 properties cleared for re-entry
    • Justice Department seeks reinstatement of criminal charges against Kilmar Abrego Garcia
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Man Utd star Amad Diallo confirms he is NOT going to Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast

    0
    By News Desk on January 2, 2024 News Briefing, UK News
    Man Utd star Amad Diallo confirms he is NOT going to Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Amad was not selected for the Ivory Coast squad (Picture: Getty)

    Manchester United winger Amad Diallo has confirmed he will not be representing Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

    The 21-year-old starlet made his first appearance of the season off the bench against Nottingham Forest on Saturday after recovering from a knee injury suffered on the club’s pre-season tour of the United States.

    Diallo was first capped by his country in 2021 and has made four appearances in total for the Ivory Coast. But the former Atalanta starlet was not named in the final squad competing in this month’s competition on home soil.

    Various media outlets have listed Diallo among the players who are on international duty in the coming weeks but the player has now spoken out on social media to claim those reports are ‘not true’.

    Diallo enjoyed a sensational campaign on loan at Sunderland last season and will now hope to force his way into Erik ten Hag’s plans at Old Trafford.

    The youngster came onto replace Antony in the second-half of last week’s defeat at Forest and will hope to challenge the Brazilian for a place in the first-team, starting this weekend against Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup.

    His performance off the bench was one of the few bright sparks for United in their 2-1 defeat with ten Hag singling him out for praise.

    Not true.!

    — Amad🇨🇮 (@Amaddiallo_19) January 2, 2024

    ‘In the second half, they [the attackers] were in the match,’ he said. ‘I thought Amad Diallo came in really good, Alejandro Garnacho played a very good game, I think,’ said Ten Hag.

    ‘How he fought for that all the time and prepared the goal, a good goal by Marcus Rashford.’

    While Diallo will be remaining in Manchester, Andre Onana will be representing Cameroon at AFCON.

    United are in talks with Cameroon to delay his departure, hoping to keep him until after the Premier League meeting with Tottenham on 14 January.

    Cameroon begin their campaign Guinea the following day.


    MORE : Manchester United in talks to delay Andre Onana’s AFCON departure


    MORE : Manchester United ‘very interested’ in Everton star Amadou Onana but face competition from Barcelona

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    A huge boost for Erik ten Hag… 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleHollyoaks New Year Trailer ‘confirms’ devastating death twist and stunt horror as three major returns rock the village
    Next Article Lizzo claims ‘technology’ in her new Yitty collection slims you down without exercising

    Keep Reading

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid tensions following Iran deal expiration

    Trump Reduces Military Exercises with South Korea Amid North Korea Dialogue

    Activity farm faces criticism over Titanic-themed ride seen as disrespectful

    Ukrainian Strikes Kill Six in Belgorod, Escalating Tensions with Russia

    Sainsbury’s halts facial recognition at London store after false accusation

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    August 18, 2026

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid tensions following Iran deal expiration

    August 17, 2026

    Trump Reduces Military Exercises with South Korea Amid North Korea Dialogue

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.