Talks have progressed quickly over the past week.
- Jamie Carragher explains why Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool snubbed move for Tottenham star James Maddison
- Getafe blast rival fans for chanting ‘Greenwood, die’ at Mason Greenwood
- Jurgen Klopp gives injury update on Trent Alexander-Arnold ahead of Liverpool vs Tottenham
- Man Utd confirm Antony return amid domestic abuse allegations
- Eddie Howe issues injury update on Alexander Isak, Sven Botman and Callum Wilson after Newcastle United beat Manchester City
- Kim Kardashian eviscerated for bombshell about Kourtney’s kids and secret WhatsApp group
- Ed Sheeran: Autumn Variations review – seasonal melancholy and the 5 songs that will be huge hits
- Idris Elba calls for crackdown after schoolgirl Elianne Andam, 15, stabbed to death in Croydon
The Guardian - Government accused of cover up over battle for Covid evidence
Summary of the front page
The Guardian reports that Labour and Liberal Democrats have accused the government of a cover-up over its opposition to handing over Boris Johnson’s unredacted WhatsApp messages and notebooks to the official COVID-19 inquiry.
The paper also says the PM is facing mounting calls from within his own party to hand over the messages. Some of the relatives of some who died in the pandemic are questioning “what ministers have to hide”. But a spokesperson for Mr Johnson has also told the paper he has “no objection” to his WhatsApps, as well as 24 notebooks, being given to the inquiry.
Today's top stories
The beaten coach says English official Anthony Taylor ‘seemed Spanish’.
EastEnders spoilers for Thursday June 1 2023: Aftermath of Lola’s death and the Knights arrive to take over the Vic
Heartbreaking news travels around the Square, while Linda Carter makes the mother of all discoveries.
Is it Henry VIII? Is it Shakespeare? No, it’s Blackadder painted in all his glory for sitcom’s milestone 40th anniversary
A glorious portrait, if we say so ourselves.
There was ‘insufficient evidence’ to charge him with a crime.
The Spanish side edged an attritional and stodgy battle in Hungary.