Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline

    May 18, 2026

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    May 18, 2026

    Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline
    • Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia
    • Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region
    • Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically
    • Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
    • Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
    • Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
    • Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - Europe

    ESA: European replacement for Musk’s rocket – “triumphant return to old performance”

    0
    By News Desk on December 6, 2024 Europe
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    European space travel is finally celebrating success again. The launch of the Vega-C launch vehicle was successful. The European space agency ESA has replaced a faulty Ukrainian-made component with a French manufacturer.

    Almost two years after a false start, a Vega-C launch vehicle lifted off from the European spaceport in Kourou in French Guiana towards space at night without any problems. The head of the European space agency Esa, Josef Aschbacher, spoke of a “triumphant return to old performance”. With the help of the rocket, Europe can now independently launch lighter satellites and experiments into space. In December 2022, the first commercial flight of the rocket type failed.

    The Vega-C light rocket took off from the European spaceport on Thursday evening around 10:20 p.m. German time. After about an hour and 50 minutes, the final step of the launch was completed. Rocket operator Arianespace praised a “perfectly executed European mission” on X. Giulio Ranzo, boss of main contractor Avio, said: “Tonight we restored the performance of the Vega C.”

    The Vega C is a further development of the Vega rocket, which launched light satellites into space from 2012 until this fall. According to ESA, the new rocket can transport around 800 kilograms more load, i.e. bring a total of more than two tons of payload into space. It is also cheaper and can put satellites into orbits at different altitudes.

    Europe’s space travel is intended to make it more competitive. According to Esa boss Aschbacher, the Vega C covers exactly the area that Esa needs for many missions. “This is really a need that we have not been able to meet so far.” After the start, it is important to increase capacity and be able to operate four to six flights per year.

    The Vega C was actually launched more than two years ago. But while the first flight was successful in July 2022, the first commercial flight failed in December of the same year. The rocket deviated from its course a few minutes after launch due to a technical problem with an engine. The flying object was destroyed and fell into the sea. All other planned launches to date have been canceled.

    Esa had originally planned to have the rocket flown into space again in 2023. Ultimately, Esa and its partners, especially the Italian main contractor Avio, analyzed and tested for almost two years until the model was returned to the launch pad. Avio acknowledged that a problematic Ukrainian-made nozzle had not been tested often before the false start. The new nozzle comes from France.

    The approximately two-year failure of the Vega C was particularly unfortunate for Esa. Because of delays, Ariane 6, which is supposed to launch larger satellites into space, was only available for the first time this July. The European launch vehicle sector was therefore in crisis. For some satellite launches, Esa switched to Falcon 9 rockets from Elon Musk’s US company SpaceX. For Aschbacher, this crisis is now “absolutely overcome”.

    ESA: European replacement for Musk’s rocket – “triumphant return to old performance”

    News Just in

    EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline

    Iris East

    EU governments and the European Parliament will revisit the EU-US trade deal discussions, following threats of higher tariffs from Trump. The urgency intensifies as the

    Read More »

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    Latest News Editor

    Steven Mattaboni, a 38-year-old father of two, was killed in a shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island. He suffered severe injuries before attempts at

    Read More »

    Die Welt European Space Agency featured Space news
    Previous ArticleDavid Sacks: Investor and Elon Musk advisor aims to make USA world leader in AI and crypto
    Next Article Óscar López launches his candidacy to lead the PSOE of Madrid with the end of Ayuso’s presidency as his objective: "It is a public service mission"

    Keep Reading

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region

    Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically

    Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister

    Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire

    Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    May 18, 2026

    Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region

    May 18, 2026

    Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically

    May 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.