- DHS to implement new entry restrictions for travellers from Congo, Uganda and South Sudan
- Taiwan’s President Lai expresses willingness to speak with Donald Trump
- King Charles encounters seagull droppings during Northern Ireland visit
- Grounded flights and police escorts mark South Korea’s exam season
- European commission cuts 2026 growth forecast amid rising energy prices
- European Commission finalises €90 billion support loan to Ukraine.
- Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls
- Itamar Ben Gvir faces backlash over treatment of Gaza flotilla detainees
News Briefing
What’s happening?
The U.S. has indicted Raúl Castro, the former leader of Cuba, on charges related to his alleged role in a 1996 plane attack that killed four Cuban-American exiles. This development comes as part of a broader effort to hold Cuban officials accountable for human rights abuses.
In comparing headlines, CNN’s “Live updates: DOJ indictment of Raúl Castro, Cuba’s former leader” emphasizes immediate developments and focuses on procedural aspects. In contrast, USA Today’s headline, “See how Raul Castro indictment fits into history of Cuba and America,” highlights the broader historical context and implications of the indictment. This framing difference illustrates CNN’s focus on current events versus USA Today’s lens on historical relations and the potential impact of the indictment on U.S.-Cuba dynamics.
Coverage analyzed: CNN | USA Today | Reuters | NBC News
UK EASES SANCTIONS
Starmer’s government has eased sanctions on Russian oil this morning; fuel prices are expected to rise further as a consequence.
Media Lens: Government announces environmental regulations overhaul: how outlets frame…
The ship had been linked to Israel, and was hit by a ‘one way attack drone’ from Iran.
One man was arrested on Saturday and now the Metropolitan Police has confirmed a second man was arrested on Christmas Eve.
He would say that age didn’t matter as he tried to cuddle up close to me, put his hand on my knee and try to tempt me back to his flat.
Yet another injury for the Blues.
‘I can smile again and finally look forward to a happy Christmas after all this time.’
Holly Willoughby is reportedly delaying her Dancing On Ice decision (Picture: Matt Frost/ITV/Shutterstock)
Holly Willoughby is reportedly delaying her Dancing On Ice decision until after celebrating Christmas with her family.
The former This Morning presenter, 42, quit the ITV daytime programme after 14 years earlier this year, saying that it was ‘a difficult goodbye’.
She has yet to confirm whether she’ll be returning to Dancing On Ice, with recent reports suggesting Stephen Mulhern has replaced Phillip Schofield on the show.
Schofield, 61, quit This Morning and resigned from ITV in full after admitting his ‘unwise but not illegal’ affair, with his replacement yet to be confirmed.
Holly was said to be ‘in a right state’ over the major decision of returning to the competition, which is due to start in just weeks, with the line-up already having been announced.
A source has now claimed that Holly is ‘not rushing to make a decision and is putting it to the side for now to enjoy the festive period with her children.’
The insider added to The Sun: ‘Holly is expected to make her decision in the new year.’
Holly has been keeping a low profile in recent weeks (Picture: Joe Maher/WireImage)
She quit This Morning just weeks after Phillip Schofield (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)
It had earlier been claimed that the mum-of-three faced ‘the toughest decision’ over continuing the role, and that, if she chose to quit it now, it may spark the end of her live broadcasting days.
An insider previously told the publication: ‘With what Holly has been faced with in the past few months, that is a hard commitment to make. She’s worried, she’s terrified and it is absolutely awful for her.’
Holly has yet to speak out about whether she’ll return to other presenting roles, after she was seen for the first time since her This Morning exit.
She left weeks after Schofield, after it was revealed she was the planned victim of an alleged plot to kidnap and murder her, and has since been keeping an extremely low profile.
A new Dancing On Ice host has yet to be officially confirmed (Picture: Matt Frost/ITV/Shutterstock)
It’s been said the star is ‘not in a good place’ as she reels from the alleged kidnap plot, with security officer Gavin Plumb, 36, recently pleading not guilty to the charges.
The defendant is accused of encouraging a third party to travel to the UK to carry out the alleged offences, and was allegedly found in possession of ‘weapons’ and had made a ‘restraint kit’.
He has a trial date fixed for June 24 next year and has been denied bail.
Metro.co.uk has approached Holly’s reps for comment.
This Morning airs weekdays from 10am on ITV, and Dancing On Ice returns in 2024.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
MORE : Phillip Schofield looks chirpy on family outing as This Morning replacement ‘decided’
MORE : Alison Hammond breaks down in tears after huge honour for her and late mum
From our sponsors
Subscribe to News
Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.
Advertisement
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

