Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK

    May 19, 2026

    International Rescue Committee launches emergency response to Ebola outbreak in Central Africa

    May 19, 2026

    EU improves preparedness for quarantine measures six years on.

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK
    • International Rescue Committee launches emergency response to Ebola outbreak in Central Africa
    • EU improves preparedness for quarantine measures six years on.
    • Maldives government recovers bodies of five Italian divers after tragedy
    • Spain’s conservatives solidify power after key regional votes in 2023
    • Factory worker defeats robot in package-sorting challenge at Figure AI
    • EU aims to protect industry as Chinese imports surge and tariffs loom
    • Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Carlo Ancelotti admits Real Madrid struggled with N’Golo Kante after Chelsea’s Champions League defeat

    0
    By News Desk on April 18, 2023 News Briefing, Sport, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Carlo Ancelotti says Real Madrid struggled to contain N’Golo Kante in the first half at Stamford Bridge (PA)

    Carlo Ancelotti admits Real Madrid struggled to deal with N’Golo Kante during their 2-0 win over Chelsea in the Champions League at Stamford Bridge.

    Madrid were favourites to reach the semi final after their 2-0 win at the Santiago Bernabeu last week but Chelsea started brightly in the return leg and should have taken the lead as Kante and Marc Cucurella missed two excellent chances.

    The Champions League holders stepped up a gear in the second half and Rodrygo silence the Stamford Bridge crowd with his goal from close range in the 58th minute.

    The Brazilian then rounded off an excellent Madrid move with ten minutes remaining to secure his side’s 2-0 victory.

    But Ancelotti insists Madrid needed mid-game tactical changes in order to halt Chelsea’s push to find a way back into the tie.

    ‘I think that we suffered the position of Kante, that wasn’t right,’ Ancelotti said after the game.

    Rodrygo struck twice to seal Real Madrid’s 2-0 win over Chelsea (CameraSport via Getty)

    ‘Camavinga was used to put pressure on Reece James on the left and we had difficulty controlling the position of Kante.

    ‘In the second half changed the position, I put Valverde on the left just to control the position and we were much better there because the position in the first half Modric went to stay with Enzo and that position was not covered properly and Camavinga suffered two against one.

    ‘Because of this there were six crosses from that side in the first half, second half was much better.’

    More: Trending

    Elliott Wright ‘in total disbelief’ over restaurant graffiti as he grieves doorman’s death

    Forced installation of prepayment meters banned for over 85s

    Russia rejects US journalist’s appeal against detention on spying charges

    Ancelotti also credited Thibaut Courtois for his save to deny Cucurella in the first half.

    ‘We’re very happy to reach another semi final,’ said Ancelotti.

    ‘We fought a lot, it was a complicated game as we predicted. In this type of game the rival is going to give everything.

    ‘Chelsea played very well, especially in the first half. They caused us a lot of problems, Courtois saved us, kept it 0-0 until half time.

    ‘In the second half we played a lot better, we had a lot more quality. Chelsea lowered their intensity a bit and we were able to control the ball better.’

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    Madrid sealed a 2-0 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. 

    Carlo Ancelotti Champions League Football N’Golo Kante Real Madrid The Metro
    Previous ArticleFrank Lampard reminds Chelsea fans of Man Utd and Arsenal failings after Real Madrid defeat
    Next Article Creed: Rise To Glory Championship Edition – virtual boxing

    Keep Reading

    Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK

    Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit

    Two Teens ‘Sexually Assaulted on Great Yarmouth Beach’, Manhunt Underway

    Russia Attacks Ukraine with Extensive Drone Strikes, Claims Casualties

    London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK

    May 19, 2026

    Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit

    May 18, 2026

    Two Teens ‘Sexually Assaulted on Great Yarmouth Beach’, Manhunt Underway

    May 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.