Planet Ice has had to close temporarily (Picture: Liverpool Echo)
An ice rink has had to close its doors after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were discovered.
Planet Ice in the Widnes area of Liverpool had to close on Monday – and visitors have reportedly been falling ill.
The carbon monoxide leak coincided with an ice hockey game between Widnes Wild and Solihull Barons on Saturday.
After the match, spectators started to feel unwell, and Widnes Wild has encouraged fans to seek medical attention.
In a statement, Planet Ice said: ‘Following concerns relating to a report of carbon monoxide levels at the rink at the weekend – Planet Ice Widnes is currently closed.
‘The cause of the concern has now been identified and addressed.
‘In the meantime, anyone who was present at the site at the weekend is advised to seek medical advice if they feel unwell.’
Halton Borough Council, the council which covers Widnes, is also investigating the incident.
In a statement they said: ‘The council’s Environmental Health Team has attended Planet Ice on November 13 following reports of people feeling unwell after attending the rink on November 11.’
‘Anyone who was present at the site at the weekend is advised to seek medical advice if they feel unwell.’