Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Julian Alvarez makes decision over Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd transfer

    February 18, 2026

    Kim Jong Un’s Daughter May Encounter Deadly Succession Battle with Ruthless Aunt

    February 18, 2026

    US Ambassador to EU Puzder Praises Rubio’s Call for EU Alignment at Munich

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Julian Alvarez makes decision over Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd transfer
    • Kim Jong Un’s Daughter May Encounter Deadly Succession Battle with Ruthless Aunt
    • US Ambassador to EU Puzder Praises Rubio’s Call for EU Alignment at Munich
    • New regulations introduced for London pedicabs – what do they entail?
    • Canadian Finance Minister François-Philippe Champagne attends Eurozone meeting
    • Romania’s Finance Minister Nazare Supports EU Two-Speed Union Proposals
    • Lando Norris branded ‘cocky’ as F1 legend makes brutal title showdown prediction
    • Police arrest multiple suspects in Quentin Deranque killing in Lyon on Tuesday
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - Business

    United States to ban Tik Tok & other Chinese apps

    0
    By News Desk on July 7, 2020 Business, Politics, World News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Tensions between the United States and China continue to simmer with the United States to ban Tik Tok. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a TV interview on Monday that Washington was “certainly looking at” banning Chinese social media apps including Tik Tok.

    “I don’t want to get out in front of the President (Donald Trump), but it’s something we’re looking at,” Pompeo said in an interview with Fox News, As the presenter queried and pushed him to confirm that the United States to ban Tik Tok

    The development comes a few days after India announced it was boycotting 59 Chinese mobile apps following a deadly clash between China and India, resulting in at least 20 soldiers of the latter getting killed.

    Tik Tok has also announced that it will ban its social media sharing apps working in Hong Kong after the passing of a new law, which requires the app to share information with the Chinese Government.

    India bans Tik Tok

    China, last week, expressed concern over India’s ban on Chinese mobile apps, which included Tik Tok. And analysts did suggest that the ban was pushed by Washington to build pressure on the Chinese government.

    Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters during a daily briefing that India has a responsibility to uphold the rights of Chinese businesses.

    The banned Chinese mobile apps include Bytedance’s TikTok, Alibaba’s UC Browser, and Tencent’s WeChat with New Delhi undertaking the move, citing security concerns.

    The apps are “prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order”, the ministry of information technology said.

    The ban comes after a deadly border conflict between the two nuclear-armed nations earlier this month in which 20 Indian soldiers have died.

    “The Ministry of Information Technology, invoking it’s power under section 69A of the Information Technology Act read with the relevant provisions of the Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public) Rules 2009 and in view of the emergent nature of threats has decided to block 59 apps since in view of the information available they are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order,” the press release said.

    India’s Minister for Electronics and Information Technology and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad said that the step was taken for “safety, security, defence, sovereignty and integrity of India.”

    …………………………………………….

    China featured India United States
    Previous ArticleVIDEO| Pakistan’s ‘fake pilot’ scandal: 262 pilots grounded including 150 from PIA, global humiliation or a chance for reform?
    Next Article US is to send foreign students back home – Immigration Control

    Keep Reading

    Kim Jong Un’s Daughter May Encounter Deadly Succession Battle with Ruthless Aunt

    Trump Warns Iran: Urgent Need for Nuclear Deal to Avoid Consequences

    Iran’s State TV Broadcasts Coerced Confessions from Protesters Raising Execution Fears

    Could Nipah Virus Trigger Another Global Lockdown? Latest News & Insights

    Abandoned Baby Monkey Finds Solace in Cuddly Toy – Heartwarming News UK

    Briton Furious Over Check-In Kiosk Issues at Hong Kong International Airport

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Friday’s News Briefing – Chaos in Westminster – More dead in Gaza and the weekend preview

    February 24, 2024

    Queen Elizabeth the Last! Monarchy Faces Fresh Demand to be Axed

    January 20, 2021

    Marquez Explains Lack of Confidence During Qatar GP Race

    January 15, 2021

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.