Several newspapers lead with the latest from Prince Harry’s ongoing charity row. The Charity Commission has said it will launch a probe into Harry’s charity Sentebale following claims made by its head, Sophie Chandauka.
The prince, who started the charity more than 20 years ago, has said he hopes the watchdog will “unveil the truth” after the head accused the prince of bullying and harassment, amongst other claims about the charity itself.
Browsing: Prince Harry
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, KCVO, ADC, is a member of the British royal family. As the younger son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, he is currently sixth in the line of succession to the British throne.
He is no longer a serving member of the Royal Family and currently lives in California with his wife Meghan Markle and two children – Archie and Lili.
Prince Harry has been accused of bullying and harassment by the chairperson of the charity Sentebale, which Harry co-founded. Dr Sophie Chandauka gave an interview over the weekend where she said since Harry’s Netflix deal interfered with a planned Sentebale fundraiser and an incident with Harry’s wife Meghan became a source of friction. Chandauka says Harry – and the board who all resigned – are trying to force her out.
The global stock markets have reacted to Trump’s comments over the weekend as he is set to announce a raft of new tariffs that will affect every country. Asian markets have fallen, and European markets opened down.
Expect much of this week’s news to be dominated by the US President as his new tariffs are set to hit this Wednesday, he’s announced he might consider a third term as president (despite US law only allowing for two) and he’s told Russian president Putin he has to agree to a ceasefire in a month or face more tariffs.
There’s coverage of the fallout from the resignation of Prince Harry from Sentebale, the charity he co-founded. The charity’s chair, Dr Sophie Chandauka, gave interviews over the weekend and accused Harry of bullying and harassment and says he unleashed the “Sussex machine” on her.
Monday’s headlines reflect a variety of domestic and international stories, with Prince Harry’s charity scandal and the latest from Donald Trump’s administration dominating many news sites and newspapers.
There is, of course, widespread coverage of the devastation across Myanmar as the United Nations appeals for more aid and the death toll tops 1,700.
The sports papers cover the weekend’s FA Cup action, teenager Jakrub Mensik winning the Miami Open and West Ham WFC drawing with WSL leaders Chelsea.
Sentebale chair Dr Sophie Chandauka has accused Prince Harry of “harassment and bullying at scale” following his resignation from the charity, stating he initiated a damaging campaign against her without prior notification.
Prince Harry has resigned as patron of Sentebale, a charity he co-founded to support children in southern Africa, amid a governance dispute within the organisation.
Legal documents regarding Prince Harry’s US visa application reveal a judge’s decision to withhold certain information to protect the Duke from potential media harassment and unwanted contact.
Prince Harry has settled his case with the owner of the Sun newspaper – News Group Newspapers (NGM). Harry reportedly received a £10+ million payout as well as an apology. The Murdoch-owned tabloid admitted it engaged in illegal practices to source stories about him.
The Southport killer is set to be sentenced today after pleading guilty to three counts of murder and terrorism charges – including making ricin. The 18-year-old is expected to receive a life sentence. An inquiry into the case began after it was revealed authorities already knew about Axel Rudakubana and he had been referred (but denied) to the government’s Prevent scheme – aimed at stopping people from becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
Leo Ross, 12, was stabbed to death on his way home from school in Birmingham yesterday. The country reacts to the news – amid fears of a growing knife crime crisis. A 14-year-old boy has been arrested.
Storm Éowyn is heading towards the UK with rare weather warnings being issued for Northern Ireland and parts of Scotland on Friday.
Thursday’s headlines make for interesting reading. Only four national newspapers lead with the publisher of The Sun, News Group Newspapers (NGM), apology and payout to Prince Harry. It’s little surprise The Sun newspaper itself doesn’t acknowledge the news until page six.
Harry’s lawsuit against NGN is a huge victory with the Murdoch-owned tabloid admitting it engaged in illegal practices to source stories about him.
Of the four newspapers that lead with the story, The Guardian, The i and The Independent note the historical nature of the win, which saw NGN do something they rarely do – apologise. The Daily Telegraph unsurprisingly has a different take. The paper calls it a ‘climb down’ from Harry and lightly suggests he was seeking a bigger payout than what his brother received, questioning why he had all of a sudden struck a deal rather than complete his quest of holding the tabloids to account.
Away from Harry, there is a mixture of mostly domestic news including reports the Royal Navy spotted a Russian “spy ship” in UK waters, various reports of illegal immigrants, ISIS and “fears” over UK security. Several papers also report on the UK economy.
A 12-year-old boy is pictured on many front pages after he was stabbed to death on his way home from school. A 14-year-old boy has been arrested.
The back pages lead with last night’s Champions League matches – and how the English clubs fared. Man City threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 4-2 to PSG. Arsenal won their match, all but securing a place in the knockouts.
Meghan Markle will likely never be forgiven for criticising the Royal Family, and Prince Harry must rebuild his reputation on his own, according to royal…
Prince Harry had a lady Diana moment in London You could hear the aww’s in the audience as Prince Harry had a Lady Diana moment…
Prince Harry suffers legal setback against Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun newspaper Prince Harry has suffered a setback in his latest legal skirmish with The Sun…
Harry to skip Hugh Grosvenor wedding to avoid William as he celebrates with Meghan in LA – latest news There is no bias in the…
Royal family news: Harry to miss Duke of Westminster’s wedding while William set to be usher There is no bias in the title provided. The…
Harry lands in UK ‘ahead of Charles meeting’ during whistle-stop visit Prince Harry has been spotted back in the UK as he is expected to…
The mysterious death of Alexei Navalny, Prince Harry’s possible return to the royal fold and speculation over a May general election make Sunday’s headlines.
EXCLUSIVE: A royal expert pinpointed the message Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wanted to communicate with their latest appearance in Jamaica.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the premiere of “Bob Marley: One Love” in Jamaica, paying tribute to the legendary figure in Jamaican music.
The Duke of Sussex has received an urgent warning about appearing with Prince Mario-Max Schaumburg-Lippe in public.
King Charles and the Princess of Wales have both been suffering from medical issues this week
Prince Harry and Prince Andrew haven’t been working members of the Royal Family for several years.
Harry and Meghan are set to stay in sunny California.
Harry was victim of hacking by Mirror Group papers, judge rules In a landmark decision, the High Court ruled that Prince Harry was a victim…
Prince Harry was back in court for his libel case against the Mail on Sunday – where he lost an attempt to get the newspaper’s defence thrown out.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been warned their brand ‘doesn’t carry the same weight’ without their Sussex titles.