Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline

    May 18, 2026

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    May 18, 2026

    Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline
    • Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia
    • Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region
    • Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically
    • Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
    • Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
    • Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
    • Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Sir Jim Ratcliffe open to Mason Greenwood return at Manchester United

    0
    By News Desk on December 4, 2023 News Briefing, Sport, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Mason Greenwood is happy at Getafe (Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images)

    Sir Jim Ratcliffe will decide Mason Greenwood’s future towards the end of the season and is not ruling out a return for the striker to Manchester United.

    Richard Arnold, the outgoing United CEO, u-turned on his decision to reincorporate Greenwood into the squad at the start of the season.

    Greenwood had been suspended as United internally investigated his conduct, following accusations of domestic assault that were eventually dropped.

    The forward was sent on a season-long loan to Getafe, with United covering his wages.

    In a statement after the investigation, United said they had no expectation that Greenwood would play for the club again.

    But the statement was carefully worded, and Arnold will vacate his role by the end of the month.

    Greenwood has scored four times for Getafe (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

    Ratcliffe will take control of football operations when he completes a 25% capture of the club in the next six weeks.

    It will then be down to the 71-year-old to decide Greenwood’s fate and as it stands he’s due to return to the club next July.

    Fabrizio Romano says no decision has been made, but that Ratcliffe will take one next summer after the club analyse Greenwood’s situation.

    United want Greenwood to focus on his loan at Getafe, and to get back to playing his best football.

    Greenwood’s girlfriend and child have made the move with him to Madrid.


    MORE : Manchester United’s record-breaking run ended after FA Cup third round draw

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    Mason Greenwood is happy at Getafe (Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images)

    Sir Jim Ratcliffe will decide Mason Greenwood’s future towards the end of the season and is not ruling out a return for the striker to Manchester United.

    Richard Arnold, the outgoing United CEO, u-turned on his decision to reincorporate Greenwood into the squad at the start of the season.

    Greenwood had been suspended as United internally investigated his conduct, following accusations of domestic assault that were eventually dropped.

    The forward was sent on a season-long loan to Getafe, with United covering his wages.

    In a statement after the investigation, United said they had no expectation that Greenwood would play for the club again.

    But the statement was carefully worded, and Arnold will vacate his role by the end of the month.

    Greenwood has scored four times for Getafe (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

    Ratcliffe will take control of football operations when he completes a 25% capture of the club in the next six weeks.

    It will then be down to the 71-year-old to decide Greenwood’s fate and as it stands he’s due to return to the club next July.

    Fabrizio Romano says no decision has been made, but that Ratcliffe will take one next summer after the club analyse Greenwood’s situation.

    United want Greenwood to focus on his loan at Getafe, and to get back to playing his best football.

    Greenwood’s girlfriend and child have made the move with him to Madrid.

    MORE : Manchester United’s record-breaking run ended after FA Cup third round draw

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. 

    Jim Ratcliffe Mason Greenwood The Metro
    Previous ArticleNewcastle United star Nick Pope could miss the rest of the season after being forced off with shoulder injury against Man Utd
    Next Article Evil Princess Peach design implies Walpeach was into some kinky stuff

    Keep Reading

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    King ‘stunned’ as soldier dies in fall from horse at Royal Windsor Show

    Supreme Court rejects Virginia Democrats’ bid to restore voting map

    IDF launches extensive airstrikes on Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon.

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    May 17, 2026

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    May 17, 2026

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    May 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.