- Premier League fixtures this weekend – 02/03
- WSL: Vivianne Miedema out for weeks after knee surgery
- The Independent – How did they let this monster join the Met?
- The Guardian – More than 100 Palestinians die in chaos surrounding Gaza aid convoy
- Metro – Goodbye my old pal
- The Sun – Geri’s husband did send sexts
- Daily Express – This can’t go on! 1.4m granted UK visas last year
- Daily Mirror – How many more are hiding in plain sight?
The Guardian – Shocking state of prisons means ‘one in 10 should be closed’
The Guardian says one in 10 prisons in England and Wales are barely fit for purpose.
Chief Inspector of Prisons Charlie Taylor has said that one in 10 prisons in England and Wales are barely fit for purpose and should be closed if alternative buildings can be found, the paper reports.
Mr Taylor has told the paper that 14 Victorian prisons – including HMPs Wandsworth, Pentonville, Liverpool, Leicester, Lewes, Exeter, Bristol, and Leeds – are over-crowded and ill-equipped and that thousands of prisoners are being held in vermin-infested and understaffed facilities.
Luxury restaurant The Ivy launches loyalty scheme (and a rockstar-inspired cocktail menu to match) The Metro says If you want
Russell Brand Attorney General warning slammed as ‘worrying and unnecessary’ The Metro says As more women come forward with accusations
Water firms forced to pay £114m back customers for poor performance Ofwat, the industry regulator, said water firms are “falling
Suella Braverman asks if UN refugee rules are fit for modern age Suella Braverman is expected to say in a
Scotland schools strike: Thousands of pupils at home as strikes begin A three-day strike by school support staff has begun
Today’s news summary – Paper Talk Paper Talk: Met Police probe new Russell Brand allegations Many of Tuesday’s front pages