Cliff Notes – Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault
- Russell Brand has been charged with rape and multiple counts of sexual assault involving four women from 1999 to 2005.
- He is scheduled to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on 2 May following a police investigation that began in September 2023.
- Brand has denied the allegations, maintaining that all his sexual encounters were consensual, as the investigation continues with support for the accusers.
Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault | UK News
Russell Brand has been charged with rape and two counts of sexual assault between 1999 and 2005.
The Metropolitan Police say the 50-year-old comedian, actor and author has also been charged with one count of oral rape and one count of indecent assault.

The charges relate to four women and he is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday 2 May.
Police have said Brand is accused of raping a woman in the Bournemouth area in 1999 and indecently assaulting a woman in the Westminster area of London in 2001.
He is also accused of orally raping and sexually assaulting a woman in Westminster in 2004.
The fourth charge alleges that a woman was sexually assaulted in Westminster between 2004 and 2005.
Previously denied the accusations
Police began investigating Brand, who is originally from Oxfordshire, in September 2023 after receiving a number of allegations.
The comedian has previously denied the accusations, and said all his sexual relationships were “absolutely always consensual”.
Met Police Detective Superintendent Andy Furphy, who is leading the investigation, said: “The women who have made reports continue to receive support from specially trained officers.
“The Met’s investigation remains open and detectives ask anyone who has been affected by this case, or anyone who has any information, to come forward and speak with police.”