Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    First images released from Maldives cave where six divers died

    May 22, 2026

    Ireland warns against Ukraine associate membership risk, citing limbo

    May 22, 2026

    Workers document Congressional activities overnight to produce the Congressional Record

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • First images released from Maldives cave where six divers died
    • Ireland warns against Ukraine associate membership risk, citing limbo
    • Workers document Congressional activities overnight to produce the Congressional Record
    • Morrisons to close around 100 convenience stores in the UK this year
    • Six fatalities confirmed in Maldives diving accident at submerged cave
    • Police investigate sexual misconduct claim against Prince Andrew in 2010
    • Democratic primary in crucial California Latino district raises party concerns
    • Police investigate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor over allegations of sexual offences
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Restaurant at war sees ex-colleague make paedophile accusations and fake reviews

    0
    By News Desk on October 14, 2022 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Ansarul Alom was handed a restraining order after admitting harassment (Pictures: Central News)

    A top head chef was falsely accused of being a paedophile by a former colleague when their Indian restaurant went bust, a court heard. 

    Ansarul Alom, 36, was in partnership with Peter Joseph at the exclusive five-star Kahani restaurant in Belgravia. 

    But he was removed as a director when it ran into financial difficulties a year after opening, Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard. 

    Mr Joseph later reported Alom to police after receiving a stream of angry messages from June to December last year branding him a ‘f***ing idiot’, a ‘liar’ and a ‘low-life’. 

    The chef also suspected Alom of posting negative reviews on TripAdvisor in a bid to wreck his business. 

    He told the court he had to move house, change his car and switch phone numbers to try to stop the harassment. 

    Alom claimed he had to face creditors when Kahani went into liquidation. 

    He claims Mr Joseph, 43, and his business partner, Saket Shrivastava, 47, had left him liable for unpaid bills totalling £400,000 after he was ousted from the restaurant. 

    Ansarul Alom was in partnership with Peter Joseph at the exclusive Kahani restaurant in Belgravia (Picture: Central News)

    In an impact statement read out in court, Mr Shrivastava described ‘feeling worried, anxious and frustrated at the reputation damage designed to undermine his business’. 

    One email sent from Alom to Mr Joseph read: ‘You can block me all you want, God knows this is wrong. 

    ‘The whole industry now knows you are a fraud. How can you claim to be religious and God-fearing when you treat people like that.’ 

    Ms Leila Naheboo-Osman, prosecuting, told the court of one instance where Alom called the NSPCC to make unfounded allegations against Mr Shrivastava. 

    She said: ‘He accused him of being part of a paedophile ring grooming children. 

    ‘After the call was made, police went round to investigate the way the victim was treating [his own] child. 

    ‘That caused a great deal of distress to the victim. Police left finding no evidence of what was alleged.’ 

    Alom was removed as a director when the restaurant hit financial difficulties, Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard (Picture: Central News)

    When Alom was found guilty of harassment, District Judge Michael Snow said he was ‘probably the only person in the room who thinks calling someone a “f***ing idiot” isn’t abusive’. 

    The judge had said he did not believe Alom’s claims and said the chef ‘moved home because he was so harassed and frightened of him’. 

    Alex Mullen defending said: ‘In relation to the text messages, they are very unattractive. They revolve around the conduct of the business. They weren’t legitimate demands in relation to money owned by the restaurant to the defendant.’ 

    Mr Mullen also highlighted that an unknown individual attended Mr Joseph’s address whilst Alom’s harassment was ongoing. 

    He said: ‘The reason he’s moved home is because of the unknown person, not the messages.’ 

    Alom, from Barking, admitted two charges under the Communications Act 2003. Alom denied but was convicted of harassment without violence. 

    He was sentenced to a 12-month community order to carry out 200 hours unpaid work. 

    A restraining order was also imposed prohibiting Alom from contacting Mr Joseph and Mr Shrivastava or posting anything about them on social media. 

    He was also banned from attending the Kahani restaurant and the victim’s addresses. 

    Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

    For more stories like this, check our news page.

    Ansarul Alom, 36, was in partnership with Peter Joseph at the exclusive five-star Kahani restaurant in Belgravia.  

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleNick Clegg accused of accepting bribes from OnlyFans
    Next Article Liz Truss sacks Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor

    Keep Reading

    Morrisons to close around 100 convenience stores in the UK this year

    Police investigate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor over allegations of sexual offences

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    DOJ indicts Raúl Castro over 1996 shooting of civilian aircraft in Cuba

    Police name three women recovered from sea off Brighton beach

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Morrisons to close around 100 convenience stores in the UK this year

    May 22, 2026

    Police investigate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor over allegations of sexual offences

    May 22, 2026

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    May 22, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.