Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister

    May 17, 2026

    Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire

    May 17, 2026

    Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
    • Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
    • Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
    • Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK
    • Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member
    • Wes Streeting calls Brexit a ‘catastrophic mistake’ in leadership bid
    • Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana
    • BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - UK News

    NatWest exec Holbourn leads race to run National Wealth Fund

    0
    By News Desk on June 24, 2025 UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Cliff Notes

    • Oliver Holbourn, currently the CEO of NatWest’s RBS International, is the leading candidate to head the National Wealth Fund after John Flint’s resignation.
    • Holbourn has a background in Whitehall, previously managing UK Financial Investments, which handled taxpayer stakes in key UK banks.
    • The National Wealth Fund aims to attract over £70bn in private investment for high-risk projects across various sectors to stimulate economic growth.

    NatWest exec Holbourn leads race to run National Wealth Fund | Money News

    .

    A senior executive at NatWest Group heads a pack of contenders to become the next boss of Rachel Reeves’s National Wealth Fund (NWF).

    Sky News has learnt that Oliver Holbourn, who is stepping down as chief executive of NatWest’s RBS International arm, is the current frontrunner to take the helm of the Treasury-supervised investment vehicle.

    Mr Holbourn is no stranger to Whitehall, having previously run UK Financial Investments, the entity set up to manage British taxpayers’ stakes in Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland.

    Money blog: ‘My water bill has gone up by 50%’

    Both banks have since returned to full private sector ownership.

    After leaving UKFI, Mr Holbourn joined NatWest – then called RBS – as its head of strategy, before taking on the leadership of its international business in 2022.

    The Chancellor has been seeking a new head of the National Wealth Fund since February, when the former HSBC Holdings chief John Flint announced that he would step down from his role running the UK Infrastructure Bank – which has been absorbed into the NWF.

    In March, the Treasury said the fund would be given a new strategic steer to enable it to take on higher-risk projects in clean energy, advanced manufacturing, digital technologies and transport.

    It claimed that the NWF would unlock more than £70bn in private investment.

    “My number one mission is kickstarting economic growth through our Plan for Change to make Great Britain a stronger, more resilient country and put more money into the pockets of working people,” Ms Reeves said at the time.

    “I am determined to go further and faster to get our Economy growing. By directing tens of billions of pounds into the UK’s industrial strengths, we’ll deliver the high-skilled, high-paid jobs of the future in every corner of the country.”

    Other candidates are said to be in the frame to succeed Mr Flint if Mr Holbourn does not get appointed to the role.

    The Treasury did not respond to a request for comment, while NatWest declined to comment on Mr Holbourn’s behalf.

    featured Latest News news feed
    Previous ArticleTrump claims ‘ceasefire agreed’ & ‘war games’ | Tuesday’s Paper Talk
    Next Article Labour MPs launch major rebellion hoping to kill off welfare bill

    Keep Reading

    Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    WHO declares Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda a public health emergency

    Drones strike UN humanitarian convoy in Kherson, Ukraine, amid ongoing conflict

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire

    May 17, 2026

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    May 17, 2026

    Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member

    May 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.