Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Trump announces deployment of 5,000 additional US troops to Poland

    May 22, 2026

    US economy shows signs of recovery as job growth exceeds expectations

    May 22, 2026

    House Republicans cancel vote on Iran war resolution that had sufficient support

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Trump announces deployment of 5,000 additional US troops to Poland
    • US economy shows signs of recovery as job growth exceeds expectations
    • House Republicans cancel vote on Iran war resolution that had sufficient support
    • Gaza flotilla activists share injuries sustained during Israeli detention
    • Rodri criticises Premier League scheduling after Manchester City fail to claim title
    • Mikel Arteta updates on Jurrien Timber’s recovery ahead of Champions League final
    • Mikel Arteta reveals conversation with Andoni Iraola after Arsenal title win
    • Bernardo Silva prioritises move to Atletico Madrid ahead of Manchester City exit
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Mohammed Kudus speaks out on future after Erik ten Hag adds him to Manchester United transfer wishlist

    0
    By News Desk on March 18, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Ghanaian has been linked with a summer switch to Old Trafford (Picture: Getty)

    Mohammed Kudus says he is focused on helping Ajax defend the Eredivisie title and is open to signing a contract extension despite increasing links with a move to Manchester United.

    The 22-year-old has excelled in recent weeks and also impressed at the World Cup last year for Ghana, with Erik ten Hag believed to be keen on a reunion at Old Trafford this summer.

    Kudus was used somewhat sporadically by axed boss Alfred Schreuder – who was dismissed after a seven-game winless run – but he has been a mainstay of the side since John Heitinga took charge.

    In his last eight Eredivisie outings, the Ghanaian has netted six times and laid on two assists to help propel Ajax to within three points of league leaders Feyenoord.

    Ten Hag is thought to view Kudus as an ideal option to play across the frontline for United – providing cover and competition for the likes of Antony and Jadon Sancho – but the youngster is not currently thinking about a potential move.

    Asked about his future and the possibility of extending his stay in Amsterdam, Kudus told De Telegraaf: ‘I am very happy at Ajax at the moment, but I will be even happier if we win the double.

    ‘Why wouldn’t I want to renew? I play and develop well. Now it’s about negotiation and valuation.

    Mohammed Kudus has been in superb form since John Heitinga took charge (Picture: Getty)

    ‘When the time is right, we’ll see how it goes. But that will have to be conducted with my agent. I want to focus entirely on the title race.’

    Kudus actually came close to moving to the Premier League last summer when Everton held talks with Ajax, though the Dutch side ultimately felt they could not sell yet another player after a horde of stars – and manager Ten Hag, of course – had already departed.

    The Ghanaian felt Everton would have been a good move at the time, though he is now glad the transfer never materialised.

    More: Trending

    Man Utd and Chelsea transfer target is ‘better’ than Erling Haaland, says Didi Hamann

    Europa League draw: Man Utd discover route to final and possible Jose Mourinho reunion

    Pep Guardiola reacts to Crystal Palace sacking Patrick Vieira ahead of Arsenal clash

    He continued: ‘The fact that Ajax blocked a transfer to Everton last summer disappointed me. I thought it was time for a new chapter in my career, because I wasn’t playing here.

    ‘But the moment the transfer market closed, my full focus was back on Ajax. The only reason I wanted to leave before that was because of my reserve role.

    ‘I eliminated that problem myself. Everton are not doing well in the Premier League, Ajax are in the title race and under John Heitinga I am a permanent fixture.

    ‘I have a strong faith in God and he has made the positive decision for me not to let the transfer go through.’


    MORE : Erik ten Hag set to be offered new Manchester United deal


    MORE : Marco van Basten says Manchester United target Mohammed Kudus is ‘much better’ than ‘confused’ Antony

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    January transfer window – FAQs

    Every deal completed in the Premier League

    How much did Premier League clubs spend in January?

    When could the summer window open?

    Can clubs still sign players after the deadline?

    Read the latest news and rumours on Metro.co.uk’s dedicated transfer hub.

    The Ghanaian has been linked with a summer switch to Old Trafford. 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleShould I apply for a new passport now as workers announce summer strikes?
    Next Article Avril Lavigne ‘gifted $80,000 necklace from new man Tyga’ following split from fiance Mod Sun

    Keep Reading

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    DOJ indicts Raúl Castro over 1996 shooting of civilian aircraft in Cuba

    Police name three women recovered from sea off Brighton beach

    Starmer eases UK sanctions on Russian oil as fuel prices surge

    Government announces environmental regulations overhaul: how outlets frame it

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    May 22, 2026

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    May 21, 2026

    DOJ indicts Raúl Castro over 1996 shooting of civilian aircraft in Cuba

    May 20, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.