Meghan and Harry defended by Loose Women star over King’s birthday as pair ‘not invited’ | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Loose Women star Judi Love shared her thoughts on claims Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had decided to skip King Charles’ 75th birthday celebrations, however a spokesperson for the pair said they hadn’t received an invitation.
Link copied Bookmark
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were reportedly not invited to King Charles’ birthday celebrations (Image: GETTY)
Recent reports claimed that the pair declined to attend the King’s celebrations, however a spokesperson for the Duke has since said they had not received an invitation.
Addressing the news in her OK! Magazine column, Judi said: “I think it’s sad that they have to keep explaining themselves and sharing details of their personal lives.
“It’s a shame that after all this time, everything that has happened, even documentaries and court cases, they still have to speak out and tell the media when they are or aren’t doing something.
“Everyone is so interested in what they’re doing all the time.”
Judi Love said ‘it’s a shame’ the couple have to explain themselves (Image: GETTY)
A spokesperson on behalf of Harry has said there had been “no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday”, adding that any reports which suggested otherwise were “disappointing” to The Independent.
Charles will reportedly celebrate his 75th birthday with a tea party at Highgrove House followed by an intimate evening at Clarence House.
Celebrations are also said to include the launch of the Coronation Food Project and a reception in honour of National Health Service’s 75th anniversary.
It’s believed Harry and Meghan also have no plans to spend Christmas with his family in the UK.
They have been living in the US since 2020, when they stepped away from their senior royal duties.
Don’t Miss… Corrie’s Sam Aston announces wife is pregnant after tragically losing twin [LATEST] Gordon Ramsay’s wife Tana’s heartwrenching admission ahead of giving birth again [REVEALED] Love Island star Arabella Chi ‘dragged from her car’ and attacked during robbery [REPORTS]
King Charles lays wreath on Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph
In 2019, they became parents to son Archie, who is now four, followed by their daughter Lilibet, aged two.
Back in August, she questioned why some were criticising their reported new project with Netflix following the release of their documentary.
The couple are said to be behind production duties of the romantic drama Netflix movie Meet Me At The Lake, however it sparked backlash as the novel, written by Carley Fortune, includes one character losing a parent in a car crash as a child.
With this, some had questioned whether the couple may be profiting off an upsetting time for Harry, Prince William and the rest of the Royal Family following Princess Diana’s death.
Despite this, Judi argued that the couple should be “allowed to make a living”.
She added: “I’m so excited to hear what they have in store. Whether it’s a six-part documentary, a popular podcast, this couple keeps on producing!”
Of the film, Judi continued: “The move has seen them receive criticism for the themes the series will touch on – losing a parent in a car crash, for example – but they’ve had all their ties from the royal family cut.
“Why shouldn’t they be allowed to make a living?” she asked. “They’re creative people, so why not flaunt their talents?”
Express.co.uk has contacted a representative for Harry and Meghan for comment.
Would you like to receive notifications from this site?