Katie Price is leaving her West Sussex mansion (Picture: Getty)
The former glamour model, 45, had her own Channel 4 TV show with the sprawling West Sussex mansion, documenting her renovations and repairs after the property fell into despair.
But now, despite admitting it’s been a good ‘family home’ for her and her kids, the mum-of-five is ready to move on.
Katie’s confession comes after reports that the star was battling to save her home ahead of a court appearance next month to answer questions about her finances.
Speaking on the latest episode of her podcast with sister Sophie, Katie began by saying she’s considering renting out her mansion.
‘I’m still thinking of renting it, it’s just too big for me,’ she said. ‘I’m always up in Essex at the minute. I want to get something smaller. I don’t know.’
Katie said the property has been the perfect ‘family home’ (Picture: Instagram)
She continued: ‘I just think this house gives me bad luck. It’s such a good family home but it is too big for me. It’s more of an excuse for the kids to make a mess.’
Her comments come after previously insisting the 19-room mansion would be her ‘forever home’.
However, sadly, she’s faced numerous obstacles over the last few years, with the property suffering fire damage in 2019 and then being ransacked in 2020.
Intruders caused water damage throughout after leaving taps running.
Adding to her problems, the house was also targeted by vandals earlier this year who graffitied the fence.
However, she now believes the 19-room mansion is too big for her (Picture: Rachel Joseph/Channel 4)
Katie has been renovating the house for her Channel 4 show (Picture: Rachel Joseph/Channel 4)
Meanwhile, the reality star’s money woes began in November 2019 when she was declared bankrupt with £3.2million of debts.
And despite being adamant that she would recover, Katie’s monetary struggles have only followed her around, as she gears up to give evidence at a hearing on September 14.
At a previous bankruptcy hearing in October 2020, Katie apologised to the court, saying she hadn’t been ‘able to deal with these issues or in the right mental state to understand everything that has been going on.’
Then in February last year, she avoided jail for a second time as she struck a ‘last-minute deal.’
Although, she has since admitted she doesn’t mind getting locked up.
Speaking to Michelle Visage for her Rule Breakers podcast, the Celebrity Big Brother housemate explained: ‘The bankruptcy I’m in, I actually think it’s quite a good thing for me to be in a bankruptcy, and it’s good because I can see everything that’s going on now, whereas before, I was in the fast lane.
Her admission comes amid more bankruptcy woes for the reality star (Picture: YouTube)
Katie is reportedly set to appear in court next month to answer more questions about her finances (Picture: Instagram)
‘I’m so threatened with court letters. I’ve been to court more times than I’ve had hot dinners lately. I am not scared of court anymore. I have said, “Can’t you put me [in] prison just to cover it all? Just be done with it”.’
Katie went on to say she was ‘fed up’ with the constant reminders of her case, even wanting to ‘experience what it’s like’ behind bars, which she would write about in a tell-all book.
‘I genuinely don’t care if I go to prison, because it’s done then,’ she declared.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
She’s moving on amid more money woes.