Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Man shot by police after car allegedly driven at officers during pursuit

    May 23, 2026

    At least 90 confirmed dead after gas explosion at Chinese coal mine

    May 23, 2026

    Belgium allows terrorist cell member Mohamed Bakkali temporary prison leaves

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Man shot by police after car allegedly driven at officers during pursuit
    • At least 90 confirmed dead after gas explosion at Chinese coal mine
    • Belgium allows terrorist cell member Mohamed Bakkali temporary prison leaves
    • EU must reform, consolidate, use joint debt to cope with spending needs, IMF says
    • Russia Plans New Military Doctrine Amidst Ongoing Tensions with NATO
    • Trump administration requires most green card applicants to leave the US first
    • All London Tube and Overground lines closed during May bank holiday weekend
    • Fire destroys makeshift Ebola hospital in Congo after family dispute
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    ‘How do you get up for that?’ – John Fury not convinced Tyson Fury will fight Joe Joyce next and also raises Anthony Joshua doubts

    0
    By News Desk on March 31, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Joshua and Joyce both want Fury later this summer (Picture: Getty)

    John Fury says a fight between Tyson Fury and Joe Joyce is ‘meaningless’ compared to fighting for undisputed, with the WBC heavyweight champion ‘not thinking about boxing’ amid renewed talk of a long-awaited showdown with Anthony Joshua.

    ‘The Gypsy King’ was preparing for a 29 April date against Oleksandr Usyk to crown the heavyweight division’s first undisputed champion in 23 years and the first of the four-belt era.

    Talks collapsed last week however with Usyk’s promoter Alexander Krassyuk confirming they pulled the plug on the deal after they were unable to agree terms on a proposed rematch.

    The undefeated Ukrainian is now expected to defend his titles against WBA mandatory challenger Daniel Dubois, although Fury Snr has claimed a showdown with Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia could also be an option.

    Joyce is reportedly the front runner to fight Fury later in the summer, should he come through his bout against Zhilei Zhang on 15 April unscathed.

    The 37-year-old heavyweights is undefeated in 15 bouts and holds the WBO ‘interim’ title after knocking out Joseph Parker last year. He is also that sanctioning body’s mandatory challenger for another of the belts currently in Usyk’s possession.

    But having come so close to securing that historic showdown with Usyk, Fury’s father, who has been left ‘disillusioned and depressed’ since the fight collapsed, suggests the champion may now struggle to get himself up for other challenges.

    Fury has ‘blown a fuse’ following the collapse of the Usyk fight (Picture: Getty)

    ‘How do you get yourself up for that? Joe Joyce doesn’t have any belts,’ Fury Snr told Metro.co.uk on behalf of FreeBets.com.

    ‘He’s an interim champion and of course he deserves his shot at the title. But when you are gearing up to fight for undisputed and then you’ve got to go back to the drawing board and starting again, it is the question of getting up for it.

    ‘He wanted to be undisputed and now that is not happening. I think his head is all over the place with it. With boxing in general, to be fair. It is only my opinion but to fight Joe Joyce at this stage of the game is meaningless.

    Fury says his son will take time to plot his next move (Picture: Getty)

    ‘No one is interested in that. No one is interested in Joe Joyce, no one is interested in Joshua anymore, no one is interested in anything other than the undisputed bout and that is all that Tyson wants. I don’t know what has gone on because I have been away resting, but I can read between the lines and see what has gone on.’

    Joshua meanwhile will return to the ring on Saturday to take on Jermaine Franklin with his promoter Eddie Hearn confident of reviving the Fury fight this summer.

    Talks for the Battle of Britain have fallen through twice in the last two years but Fury will now take some time to assess his next move.

    Asked whether team Fury will be keen to pick up talks with Joshua again, Fury Snr added: ‘It is not for me to say, it is up to Tyson. We will see what road he wants to take.

    More: Trending

    John Fury tells Tyson Fury to SACK ‘Judas’ SugarHill Steward after Usyk fight collapse

    Oleksandr Usyk and Deontay Wilder will fight this year after better offer, says John Fury

    The other heavyweight fights are expendable, just get the big boys together

    ‘At the moment, I don’t think he wants to talk about boxing, he doesn’t want to make any decisions. Because it has been a big let-down.

    ‘When you are gearing up for the undisputed heavyweight title fight only to be let down at the 11th hour and the nation is blaming you, I just think he has blown a fuse with it.

    ‘So we will have a little quiet holiday and see which way the wind blows. As far as retirement goes, what has he got if hasn’t got boxing? Boxing is his life. And I always say Tyson will still be boxing when he is 40. It is a blip, we will get over it, and when we get our heads right we will make a decision.’


    MORE : ‘He’s had a better offer’ – Oleksandr Usyk and Deontay Wilder will fight in Saudi Arabia, claims John Fury


    MORE : ‘Sack them all!’ – John Fury takes aim at ‘Judas’ SugarHill Steward and blames promoters for Oleksandr Usyk fight collapse

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    ‘No one is interested in Joe Joyce, no one is interested in Joshua anymore, no one is interested in anything other than the undisputed bout.’ 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleThe Guardian – Trump indicted over 2016 payment to Stormy Daniels 
    Next Article Metro – Olivia gun killer guilty 

    Keep Reading

    Man shot by police after car allegedly driven at officers during pursuit

    Russia Plans New Military Doctrine Amidst Ongoing Tensions with NATO

    All London Tube and Overground lines closed during May bank holiday weekend

    US judge dismisses indictment against Salvadoran migrant Kilmar García

    Morrisons to close around 100 convenience stores in the UK this year

    Police investigate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor over allegations of sexual offences

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Man shot by police after car allegedly driven at officers during pursuit

    May 23, 2026

    Russia Plans New Military Doctrine Amidst Ongoing Tensions with NATO

    May 23, 2026

    All London Tube and Overground lines closed during May bank holiday weekend

    May 23, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.