- ‘Tory Party sliding into toxic rhetoric’ – the full perspective
- The Observer – Islamophobia: Starmer turns on Tories over toxic rhetoric
- The Sunday Telegraph – Bodyguards for MPs as extremism threats rise
- The Sunday Times – Bodyguards for 3 female MPs as safety fears rise
- Sunday People – £61m lottery winner’s feud with brother
- Sunday Express – Rishi: £5bn to fire up engine of the North
- Sunday Mirror – Boot out this bigot
- Sunday Papers – ‘Extremism in the Tory party as MP suspended’
The Guardian – Green bonfire as PM rows back on net zero
Rishi Sunak’s row back on net zero leads in the Guardian with the paper calling the move a “green bonfire”. Describing the decision as one of the prime minister’s biggest U-turns since taking office, the paper reports it has drawn “furious condemnation” from car manufacturers.
The move is part of the prime minister’s attempt to put his government on a more radical path ahead of the next election, the paper adds.
It goes on to say the change has been “met with despair by climate scientists” and quotes former US vice president and climate campaigner Al Gore saying the government is “doing the wrong thing”.
What is Rumble, the video-sharing platform ‘immune to cancel culture’? The Guardian says Rumble, the video-sharing platform where Russell Brand
Government borrowing rose to £11.6bn in August Newly released official figures show government borrowing was higher than economists had expected
Rishi Sunak says we’ll hit net zero despite his massive U-turn Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has insisted the UK will
Daniel Khalife denies Wandsworth prison escape Daniel Khalife, the former British Army soldier who escaped prison and led police on
UK interest rate decision set to be close call after inflation fall Investors remain divided over whether interest rates will
Fall in students accepted into university in UK UK university acceptances for 18-year-olds have fallen for the first time in