Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Trump announces deployment of 5,000 additional US troops to Poland

    May 22, 2026

    US economy shows signs of recovery as job growth exceeds expectations

    May 22, 2026

    House Republicans cancel vote on Iran war resolution that had sufficient support

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Trump announces deployment of 5,000 additional US troops to Poland
    • US economy shows signs of recovery as job growth exceeds expectations
    • House Republicans cancel vote on Iran war resolution that had sufficient support
    • Gaza flotilla activists share injuries sustained during Israeli detention
    • Rodri criticises Premier League scheduling after Manchester City fail to claim title
    • Mikel Arteta updates on Jurrien Timber’s recovery ahead of Champions League final
    • Mikel Arteta reveals conversation with Andoni Iraola after Arsenal title win
    • Bernardo Silva prioritises move to Atletico Madrid ahead of Manchester City exit
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Graham Potter admits Chelsea must be ‘careful’ with N’Golo Kante as midfielder returns to squad for Everton clash

    0
    By News Desk on March 18, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    N’Golo Kante returns to Chelsea’s squad today (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

    Chelsea boss Graham Potter admits the club must be ‘careful’ to slowly reintegrate N’Golo Kante back into the fold following the midfielder’s six month injury lay-off.

    The Frenchman has been out of action since last August and his presence has been sorely missed by the Blues, who languish in tenth position in the Premier League.

    The Blues have spent £600m across the last two transfer windows, including the likes of Enzo Fernandez.

    But they’ve missed Kante’s dynamism and work-rate in central areas, with Potter keen to pair the Frenchman with Fernandez.

    Kante returned to first-team training earlier this month and he has been included in Chelsea’s matchday squad for tonight’s fixture against Everton.

    But, while Potter is ‘delighted’ that Kante has returned, he says the club must be ‘careful’ with the Frenchman given his long history of injuries.

    Kante is out of contract at the end of the season (Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

    ‘N’Golo is back for the weekend. He is in the squad, which is fantastic news for everybody,’ said Potter.

    ‘We have missed him a lot with his injury, it is great that he is back.

    ‘We must be careful with him as he has been out for a while but nevertheless delighted he is back in the squad,’ he added.

    ‘We are looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch.’

    More: Sport

    Champions League draw: Chelsea and Man City handed difficult routes to the final

    Arsenal legend slams Palace for sacking Patrick Vieira with Roy Hodgson in talks to return

    Europa League draw: Man Utd discover route to final and possible Jose Mourinho reunion

    Kante is out of contract at the end of the season and talks are ongoing to resolve his future.

    The Frenchman is willing to take a pay decrease from his £300,000-a-week deal but he rejected the club’s last offer, which was believed to be a one-year deal with the option of another 12 months.


    MORE : Barcelona star Ronald Araujo slams Alejandro Garnacho over behaviour after Manchester United win


    MORE : Manchester United and Liverpool plot summer move for Celta Vigo star Gabri Veiga

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    It’s a delicate situation. 

    The Metro
    Previous Article‘No births behind bars’: Protesters demand an end to the imprisonment of pregnant women
    Next Article Love Island star Montana Brown reveals baby’s gender in adorable clip with boyfriend Mark O’Connor

    Keep Reading

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    DOJ indicts Raúl Castro over 1996 shooting of civilian aircraft in Cuba

    Police name three women recovered from sea off Brighton beach

    Starmer eases UK sanctions on Russian oil as fuel prices surge

    Government announces environmental regulations overhaul: how outlets frame it

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    DNC report identifies key failures in 2024 presidential election strategy

    May 22, 2026

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    May 21, 2026

    DOJ indicts Raúl Castro over 1996 shooting of civilian aircraft in Cuba

    May 20, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.