The fox got up to all sorts of mischief in the cafe (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS)
A mischievous fox broke into a cafe after falling through a roof hatch and wreaked havoc inside after he tried to escape.
Alicia Ung, founder of the Pawsitive Cafe in Westbourne Grove, London, was shocked to find the scared fox curled up asleep when she opened up last Sunday morning.
The animal had knocked over a jar of dog treats, leaving glass all over the floor.
He’d also torn open nearly every soft backed seat and had cut his foot on some glass, leaving blood on the floor.
When the RSPCA tried to rescue him using a grasper pole, the feisty fox put up a fight, but he was finally collected safely and released in communal gardens opposite.
Animal rescue officer Holly Walker said: ‘I think it must’ve been a stress response, he was probably desperately trying to find a way out after getting trapped in there.
‘It’s not unheard of to have foxes stuck in cafes – we have attended incidents like this before.
‘This one did cause a lot of mess though and must have been terrified trying to escape.
Latest London news
To get the latest news from the capital visit Metro.co.uk’s visit Metro’s London news hub.
The scared fox that spent a night locked inside the Pawsitive Cafe in Westbourne Grove, London (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS)
He trashed the place (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS)
‘It’s a good reminder for business owners to check for any holes in ceilings and roof spaces to make sure wildlife can’t get in!’
Cafe owner Alicia said: ‘I don’t harbour any anger towards the fox, I felt bad seeing that he was scared.
‘I understand that he caused the damage because he was frightened and acting on his natural instincts.
‘I am incredibly grateful for all the love and support pouring in from everyone.
‘I promise that my team and I are working relentlessly to get the cafe fixed and reopened as soon as we can.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].
For more stories like this, check our news page.
He was found curled up in a broom cupboard.