- Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK
- International Rescue Committee launches emergency response to Ebola outbreak in Central Africa
- EU improves preparedness for quarantine measures six years on.
- Maldives government recovers bodies of five Italian divers after tragedy
- Spain’s conservatives solidify power after key regional votes in 2023
- Factory worker defeats robot in package-sorting challenge at Figure AI
- EU aims to protect industry as Chinese imports surge and tariffs loom
- Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit
UK News
UK MORNING BRIEFING
This morning, Sadiq Khan announced a £6 million fund to combat tech-enabled violence against women. Recent research indicates a significant rise in tech-related abuse, prompting immediate action to address these alarming trends.
UK MORNING BRIEFING
Two teenage girls reported being raped in Great Yarmouth early this morning. Police have arrested one suspect and are searching for a second man aged in his thirties or forties.
UK MORNING BRIEFING
This morning, Londoners prepare for Tube strikes following failed negotiations between the RMT union and London Underground management over working hours. Disruptions are expected on multiple lines throughout the week.
‘This season has turned into a humiliating disaster.’
Reiss has been hiding a secret and Sonia is not having it.
‘Wanting Diogo Jota off the pitch, worry about other stuff.’
The clashes between the Sudanese army and a paramilitary group have been going on since April 15 (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)
The two sides clashing for control of Sudan have agreed to a further three-day humanitarian ceasefire.
Paramilitary group the Rapid Support Forces and the Sudanese army accused each other of violations after multiple reports of violence during the initial 72-hour break in fighting agreed earlier this week.
The latest agreement comes after international pressure to allow the safe passage of civilians, as aid groups struggle to get badly needed supplies into the country.
Earlier on Sunday, an aircraft carrying eight tons of emergency medical aid landed in Sudan to resupply hospitals devastated by the fighting, according to the International Committee of the Red Cross, which organised the shipment.
The initial ceasefire also allowed countries around the world to step up efforts to evacuate their citizens.
More than 2,100 people have been lifted out of the north-east African country on 23 flights organised by the British Government.
It had been announced that the operation would come to an end yesterday, but today the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) announced it would run an extra flight tomorrow.
The department said it will allow for the evacuation of a limited number of UK nationals who remain in the North African country.
Foreign Secretary James Cleverly said: ‘The UK has now airlifted over 2,100 people to safety from Sudan, in what has been the largest and longest evacuation of any western country.
‘I want to thank all of those working to deliver this evacuation and ensure as many people as possible are brought to safety.
‘Evacuation flights have ended from Wadi Saeedna but our rescue efforts continue from Port Sudan. We continue to do everything in our power to secure a long-term ceasefire, a stable transition to civilian rule and an end the violence in Sudan.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].
For more stories like this, check our news page.
From our sponsors
Subscribe to News
Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.
Advertisement
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

