Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Democratic Rally wins Cyprus parliamentary election with 27.2% vote

    May 24, 2026

    Iran agrees in principle to dispose of highly enriched uranium, says US official

    May 24, 2026

    Russia uses hypersonic Oreshnik missile in attack on Kyiv, killing two

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Democratic Rally wins Cyprus parliamentary election with 27.2% vote
    • Iran agrees in principle to dispose of highly enriched uranium, says US official
    • Russia uses hypersonic Oreshnik missile in attack on Kyiv, killing two
    • Global Sumud Flotilla activists clash with police at Bilbao airport
    • Sunday morning with Lee Cowan featuring Concours d’LeMons and Patti LaBelle
    • Reform UK proposes tax-free overtime pay with £5 billion cost to government
    • Billionaire donor Christopher Harborne acquires luxury Kamalaya resort in Thailand
    • Russia deploys “Oreshnik” missile in Kyiv as part of retaliatory strikes
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - Sport

    Brazil federation in talks again with Ancelotti’s camp – sources

    0
    By News Desk on April 25, 2025 Sport
    Brazil federation in talks again with Ancelotti’s camp – sources
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Cliff Notes – Brazil federation in talks again with Ancelotti’s camp – sources

    • Carlo Ancelotti remains the leading candidate for Brazil’s coaching position following the dismissal of Dorival Júnior, with the CBF keen on his appointment.
    • Despite Ancelotti’s commitment to Real Madrid, pressure mounts on him after a Champions League exit, prompting renewed discussions between CBF representatives and his camp.

    Brazil federation in talks again with Ancelotti’s camp – sources

    Carlo Ancelotti is once again the front-runner for Brazil’s vacant coaching job, sources told ESPN Brasil.

    Brazil’s Football Confederation (CBF) fired coach Dorival Júnior last month and had considered Al Hilal manager Jorge Jesus as a potential replacement.

    Ancelotti, whose contract with Real Madrid runs until June 2026, has been CBF president Ednaldo Rodrigues’ preferred choice to lead Brazil ever since Tite stepped down after the 2022 World Cup.

    Although Ancelotti has publicly reiterated his desire to continue at Madrid, his position has come under intense pressure since Madrid’s 5-1 aggregate elimination at the hands of Arsenal in the Champions League quarterfinals.

    Madrid are still in the race for LaLiga but are four points off leaders Barça with five games left.

    The CBF is closely monitoring Saturday’s Copa del Rey final between Real Madrid and Barcelona, knowing that a defeat could lead to Ancelotti’s dismissal.

    When asked about his future, Ancelotti recently said: “There’s nothing to say. We’ll talk about it at the end of the season.”

    A source told ESPN that talks between CBF representatives and Ancelotti’s entourage have resumed in recent weeks.

    An agent and two Brazilian intermediaries are in Madrid, and as well as sending daily reports, they have held talks with Ancelotti’s son, Davide, and the coach’s representatives about the Brazil job.

    The source confirmed that neither the CBF nor Ancelotti will make a move until the Italian manager’s future at Madrid is resolved.

    The CBF has officially denied the presence of any representatives in Europe and state that “the matter is being dealt exclusively by Rodrigo Caetano, the men’s national team coordinator and by CBF president Rodrigues” and that “no other person is authorized to speak about the case on behalf of the confederation.”

    Rodrigues also stressed that the CBF’s technical commission is monitoring matches on site and producing reports aimed at providing information on the coach to be chosen.

    Rodrigues’ aim is to name the new manager in the coming weeks to prepare for the next squad announcement on May 26 for the June FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

    Sources said that Brazilian forwards Vinícius Júnior and Rodrygo, who already work with Ancelotti at Madrid, would also welcome the arrival of the experienced tactician to the national team.

    While Ancelotti is the No. 1 candidate, the CBF is not ruling out Jorge Jesus as a contender.

    The former Flamengo manager has a contract with Al Hilal until after the FIFA Club World Cup but could reach an agreement to leave the Saudi outfit next month to guide Brazil.

    Brazil Carlo Ancelotti champions league Football featured Football gossip Real Madrid Sports featured
    Previous ArticleMax Holden: ‘It’s flattering but I’ve got to concentrate on what I’m doing’
    Next Article JoJo Siwa shocks Celebrity Big Brother viewers with stalker bomb revelation

    Keep Reading

    Rodri criticises Premier League scheduling after Manchester City fail to claim title

    Mikel Arteta updates on Jurrien Timber’s recovery ahead of Champions League final

    Mikel Arteta reveals conversation with Andoni Iraola after Arsenal title win

    Bernardo Silva prioritises move to Atletico Madrid ahead of Manchester City exit

    Fiorentina vs Atalanta — Tuesday’s 22nd May fixtures

    Allegations of assault on Hearts players ‘not proven’, says O’Neill

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Rodri criticises Premier League scheduling after Manchester City fail to claim title

    May 22, 2026

    Mikel Arteta updates on Jurrien Timber’s recovery ahead of Champions League final

    May 22, 2026

    Mikel Arteta reveals conversation with Andoni Iraola after Arsenal title win

    May 22, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.