- Friedrich Merz visits Hürtgenwald to thank emergency services after fire
- Premier League & more — Sunday’s 23rd Aug fixtures
- Iran warns neighbours against joining US economic efforts, declares retaliation possible
- Carney criticises Canada for ‘walking away from a bad deal’ amid 50% tariffs
- Nancy Kassebaum Baker, former Kansas senator, passes away at 94
- Father scolded after leaving seven-year-old son alone on Mount Fuji
- Siim Kallas, former Estonian prime minister and EU commissioner, dies aged 77
- Israel, Turkiye and the shifting dynamics of regional order
Author: News Desk
Coronation: Police will not stop anti-monarchy protests unless they cause ‘serious disruption’ The Independent says Police will not stop anti-monarchy protests during the coronation unless they cause “serious disruption” or break the law, a senior officer has said. Republican groups are planning a series of “Not My King” demonstrations on Saturday, and officers fear some factions may attempt to cause disruption. Several anti-monarchy demonstrators were arrested or spoken to by police during proclamation ceremonies for King Charles III that followed the Queen’s death in September. But Metropolitan Police deputy assistant commissioner Ade Adelekan said officers would not intervene over someone…
King told to apologise for colonisation Sky News says Campaigners from 12 Commonwealth countries have called on the King to formally apologise for the “horrific” impacts and legacy of “genocide and colonisation”. Representatives from Australia, New Zealand and Canada are among those who have signed the letter which asks the King to return stolen artifacts and bodily remains, and to begin discussing reparations. Among the signatories is Australian senator Lidia Thorpe, who said the monarchy should begin “repairing the damage of colonisation”. She said: “The British monarchy oversaw the oppression of First Nations peoples in British colonies all over the…
Coronation latest news: King Charles ‘must apologise for British genocide and colonisation’ The Telegraph says King Charles has been called on to apologise for British ‘genocide and colonisation’ by indigenous leaders from 12 Commonwealth countries ahead of his coronation this weekend. A statement, signed by representatives from Australia, New Zealand and Canada, also asks the King to initiate reparations and the return of stolen artifacts. It comes weeks after the King expressed his support for the first time for research into the historical links between the British monarchy and the transatlantic slave trade. The statement said: “Our collective Indigenous Rights…
Voting under way in local elections – with ID required for the first time Today, voters in parts of England are heading to the polls to cast their ballots for councillors and mayors in this year’s local elections. Elections are being held in 230 of England’s 317 councils, within district, borough, county borough and unitary authority councils, along with four mayoral elections in Bedford, Leicester, Mansfield, and Middlesbrough. There are no local elections in Scotland or Wales, but voters in Northern Ireland will be able to have their say on 18 May, with 462 seats across 11 local councils up…
The legendary Arsenal manager was welcomed as an official inductee.
There’s been a lot of Metal Gear Solid 3 remake rumours, but this time there’s some actual evidence that something is really happening.
Sudan: Final UK evacuation flight leaves the country The UK government has completed its final evacuation flight from Sudan, rescuing more than 2,300 people. The airlift, which began amid a tentative ceasefire last week, has seen Britons, their dependents, Sudanese NHS staff, and other eligible nationalities taken to safety. The country was plunged into crisis after fighting broke out between rival military factions on 15 April. Renewed 72-hour ceasefires have been put in place, but violence is likely to escalate after the end of the agreement. The UK government will now shift its focus to providing humanitarian aid, though Foreign…
‘It was a vicious cycle.’
Erling Haaland breaks Premier League record for goals in a season Man City striker Erling Haaland has broken the Premier League record for most goals in a single season, surpassing the previous record of 34 goals jointly held by Alan Shearer and Andrew Cole. Haaland’s 35th league goal of the campaign came in a 3-0 win against West Ham, taking him past the previous record holders. He had already set the record for the most goals in a 38-game season, surpassing Mohamed Salah’s 32 goals for Liverpool in 2017-18. Even better news, 22-year-old Erling Haaland still has five games left…
Zelensky visits The Hague after new strikes in Ukraine Explosions were heard in various Ukrainian cities, including Kyiv, the day after Russia accused Ukraine of carrying out a drone attack on the Kremlin. The attacks were also reported in Zaporizhzhia and Odesa in the south. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is due to speak at The Hague as part of an unexpected visit to the Netherlands, where he will also visit the International Criminal Court investigating alleged Russian war crimes in Ukraine. Russia has accused Ukraine of attempting to assassinate President Vladimir Putin, but Zelensky denied the country carried out the…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

