Close Menu
WTX News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lammy says justice reforms will reduce victims’ suffering as right to jury trial set to go in some cases
    • Children killed in mass shooting at birthday party in Stockton, California
    • England 8-0 China Game Analysis
    • Christian Horner not joining Aston Martin says Lawrence Stroll – sources
    • EU weighs Plan B for Ukraine as Belgium raises bar to unblock reparations loan
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    WTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics
      • COVID-19
      • Business
      • Tech zone
    • World news
      • Middle East News
        • UAE News
        • Palestine News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • Africa news
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefings
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Women’s Football
    • MY World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
      • Special Reports
        • Conscience Convoy
        • Rohingya Report
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • TV Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking recipes
      • Luxury
      • Money Saving Expert
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    • Sign Up
      • Log In
    WTX News
    • Live News
    • World news
    • News Briefings
    • Sports
    • MY World
    • Entertainment
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Sign Up
    Home - Streaming - Valencia files suit against Netflix over Vinícius documentary
    Streaming

    Valencia files suit against Netflix over Vinícius documentary

    By WTX Sports Team3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Telegram WhatsApp
    Valencia files suit against Netflix over Vinícius documentary

    Cliff Notes – Valencia files suit against Netflix over Vinícius documentary

    • Valencia has filed a lawsuit against Netflix, alleging that a documentary falsely accused its fans of making racist chants towards Vinícius Júnior during a LaLiga match in 2023.
    • The club claims the documentary misrepresented the fans’ chants, asserting they were chanting “tonto” instead of the subtitle “mono,” which translates to monkey.
    • Valencia seeks financial compensation, corrections to the documentary’s subtitles, and a public statement regarding the lawsuit, following unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue directly with the production company.

    Valencia files suit against Netflix over Vinícius documentary

    MADRID — Spanish club Valencia said on Monday they filed a lawsuit against Netflix claiming falsehoods in a documentary about Brazil player Vinícius Júnior.

    Valencia said the documentary mistakenly accused a large group of Valencia fans of making racist chants against the Real Madrid forward in a LaLiga match in 2023.

    The club filed the lawsuit after its public demands for corrections by the documentary’s production company were not fulfilled.

    Editor’s Picks

    2 Related

    The lawsuit is against Netflix and the production company for damaging “Valencia’s honor.” It seeks financial compensation, corrections of the subtitles in the documentary, and the publication of the sentencing, the club said.

    Valencia first threatened the lawsuit earlier this year. At the time, Vinícius’ representatives said the player would not get involved because the demand was against Netflix and the producers of the documentary.

    A request for comment sent to Netflix was not immediately answered.

    The documentary includes a social media video showing what appeared to be a large crowd at Mestalla Stadium chanting at Vinícius. The video has the word “mono,” Spanish for monkey, in the subtitles. But Valencia claims the fans were actually chanting “tonto,” which is Spanish for silly.

    Then-Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti was quick to accuse the Valencia fans of racially insulting Vinícius, but later apologized after saying he realized it wasn’t the entire stadium chanting the word monkey.

    There were fans who did racially abuse Vinícius during that match. Three of them became the first fans to be convicted in racism-related cases in professional soccer in Spain. They were handed eighth-month prison sentences.

    During their trial, experts showed that the video with the subtitles “monkey” was edited and did not correspond to reality, according to Spanish media.

    Vinícius, who was repeatedly subjected to racist insults in Spain, was in tears during that 2023 match against Valencia. He confronted a Valencia fan who called him a monkey and made monkey gestures from the stands behind one of the goals.

    Information from The Associated Press was used in this story.

    Football featured Real Madrid Sports featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram WhatsApp
    Previous ArticleTest your knowledge of Mexico GP and plan your trip to Mexico City
    Next Article Netanyahu backs Trump’s Gaza peace plan – as Hamas issues first response
    WTX Sports Team

    The Sports Team is responsible for delivering your Sports Brief. Weekly roundup to cover all things Football, Cricket, Tennis Formula 1, Boxing and Olympics and more.

    Related Posts

    Man United improved under Amorim but underlying stats show concerns
    Arsenal FC

    Man United improved under Amorim but underlying stats show concerns

    Chelsea vs Barcelona Rooney says Cucurella gave lesson vs Yamal
    Arsenal FC

    Chelsea vs Barcelona Rooney says Cucurella gave lesson vs Yamal

    Vålerenga’s remarkable UWCL story building hope for women’s football
    Arsenal FC

    Vålerenga’s remarkable UWCL story building hope for women’s football

    Chelsea’s title chances, PSG’s struggles
    Arsenal FC

    Chelsea’s title chances, PSG’s struggles

    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.

    Advertisment
    News Headlines
    Lammy says justice reforms will reduce victims’ suffering as right to jury trial set to go in some cases

    Lammy says justice reforms will reduce victims’ suffering as right to jury trial set to go in some cases

    Children killed in mass shooting at birthday party in Stockton, California

    Children killed in mass shooting at birthday party in Stockton, California

    Save 70% on VIP subscription
    News Briefings - the way to a better life
    News Briefings - the way to a better life
    Advert by Sponsors
    More from WTX News
    The latest gaming news - with game reviews and tips and tricks. updated 24 hours a day.
    The latest gaming news
    Hot off the press!
    • Lammy says justice reforms will reduce victims’ suffering as right to jury trial set to go in some cases November 30, 2025
    • Children killed in mass shooting at birthday party in Stockton, California November 30, 2025
    • England 8-0 China Game Analysis November 30, 2025
    • Christian Horner not joining Aston Martin says Lawrence Stroll – sources November 30, 2025
    • EU weighs Plan B for Ukraine as Belgium raises bar to unblock reparations loan November 30, 2025
    WTX News latest breaking news sports and travel
    Latest News and analysis - Deciphering through the BS with exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    News delivered to your inbox

    Copyright WTX News 2025

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.