Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Mikel Arteta urged to drop Arsenal star for Tottenham clash: ‘Due a rest’

    February 21, 2026

    11-Year-Old Boy in Handcuffs at Court for Allegedly Killing Stepdad Over Nintendo Switch

    February 21, 2026

    EU Commissioner Šuica to address Foreign Affairs Council on Monday

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Mikel Arteta urged to drop Arsenal star for Tottenham clash: ‘Due a rest’
    • 11-Year-Old Boy in Handcuffs at Court for Allegedly Killing Stepdad Over Nintendo Switch
    • EU Commissioner Šuica to address Foreign Affairs Council on Monday
    • Man arrested at Gatwick Airport train station for carrying ‘two firearms’
    • EU Fails to Reach Agreement on New Sanctions Against Russia After Meeting
    • Trainspotting revealed Scotland’s drug crisis—did anything really change?
    • Euro area annual inflation down to 1.7% – Euro indicators Economic Pulse
    • Fleur Bakker Expands ‘A Beautiful Mess’ Initiative for Refugees in Netherlands
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Toto Wolff signs new three-year deal Mercedes deal ahead of new F1 season

    0
    By News Desk on January 15, 2024 News Briefing, Sport, UK News
    Toto Wolff signs new three-year deal Mercedes deal ahead of new F1 season
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Toto Wolff has been in the role since January 2013 (Picture: Getty)

    Toto Wolff has signed a new three-year contract to remain as the team principal and CEO of Mercedes until 2026.

    Wolff led the team to eight straight constructors’ titles between 2014 and 2021 but has come under pressure after Red Bull’s dominance in the last two years.

    Mercedes pipped Ferrari to second place in last year’s constructor standings, although the team failed to win a Grand Prix for the first time in a season since 2011.

    The Austrian, who also owns a third of the team, said the contract extension was mutually agreed upon with the other two owners, INEOS and Manchester United’s Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Mercedes-Benz’s Ola Kallenius.

    ‘At the end of the day, as a shareholder myself, I want the best return on investment. And the best return on investment is winning,’ he told The Telegraph.

    ‘I’m not going to try to hang on to a position that I think somebody is going to do better than me.

    ‘I make sure that I have people around who can tell me otherwise. In the end the three of us decided: ‘Let’s do it again’.’

    Mercedes finished second in the constructor standings last year (Picture: Getty)

    The 52-year-old has been with Mercedes since January 2013 but has a mountain to climb next season if they are to overturn Red Bull’s vast advantage.

    The team will also be hoping to end star driver Lewis Hamilton’s dry spell, with the seven-time champion without a win in more than two years.

    However, the Austrian admitted he is still energised in his role ahead of the new season, which gets underway in Bahrain from February 29 to March 2.

    More: Trending

    Supercars have a 360 degree driving wheel and this is what they can do

    Lewis Hamilton warned that Red Bull have another ‘extremely fast car’ for 2024

    Alex Albon ‘keen to free himself from Williams’ after interest from two F1 teams

    ‘He’s even better now’ – Jenson Button names Max Verstappen’s biggest challenger for 2024

    ‘I feel good. The risk for me is always more bore-out than burnout,’ he added.

    ‘And that’s why I embrace the challenges we have today, even though they sometimes feel very, very difficult to manage.’


    MORE : ‘I have no interest in being last’ – Haas F1 owner explains why he axed Guenther Steiner


    MORE : ‘We’ve got an extremely fast car again’ – Red Bull driver fires ominous warning to Lewis Hamilton ahead of 2024 season

    Wolff led the team to eight straight constructors’ titles between 2014 and 2021. 

    Mercedes The Metro Toto Wolff
    Previous ArticleNew Battlefield will finally focus on destruction effects reveals developer
    Next Article Helen Skelton chokes up while paying tribute to Kym Marsh’s late father

    Keep Reading

    Mikel Arteta urged to drop Arsenal star for Tottenham clash: ‘Due a rest’

    Man arrested at Gatwick Airport train station for carrying ‘two firearms’

    Trainspotting revealed Scotland’s drug crisis—did anything really change?

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested for Misconduct: Public Reaction Explodes

    Rio Ferdinand reveals Michael Carrick was convinced Man Utd star would win Ballon d’Or

    Arsenal star told to ‘force a move away’ after Bukayo Saka decision

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Friday’s News Briefing – Chaos in Westminster – More dead in Gaza and the weekend preview

    February 24, 2024

    Queen Elizabeth the Last! Monarchy Faces Fresh Demand to be Axed

    January 20, 2021

    To understand the new smart watched and other pro devices

    January 15, 2021

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.