- Premier League & more — Sunday’s 23rd Aug fixtures
- Iran warns neighbours against joining US economic efforts, declares retaliation possible
- Carney criticises Canada for ‘walking away from a bad deal’ amid 50% tariffs
- Nancy Kassebaum Baker, former Kansas senator, passes away at 94
- Father scolded after leaving seven-year-old son alone on Mount Fuji
- Siim Kallas, former Estonian prime minister and EU commissioner, dies aged 77
- Israel, Turkiye and the shifting dynamics of regional order
- Unifor and General Motors reach tentative agreement for Ontario workers
Browsing: Main Headlines
Arab News says Twelve civilians were injured by a drone attack targeting Saudi Arabia’s Abha airport on Thursday, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
BBC News says Boris Johnson is to travel to Brussels and Warsaw in support of Nato allies, as he says the military alliance must not compromise its principles.
The Guardian says the Metropolitan Police have said they are considering whether to investigate Boris Johnson over the funding of his Downing Street flat renovation.
France24 says protesters set out from southern France on Wednesday in what they call a “freedom convoy” that will converge on Paris and Brussels to demand an end to COVID-19 restrictions.
Euronews says Austrian police say they found eight migrants in life-threatening conditions hidden inside a narrow wooden pallet box that had been attached to the underside of a truck.
Aljazeera says for four days a group of 28 Muslim girls stood in protest in front of the Junior Pre-University college in the Karnataka state after they were denied entry for wearing hijab.
TRT World says Truck blockades of Canada’s capital and US border crossings, including the economically vital bridge to Detroit, have forced the shutdown of a Ford plant – fears of disruption to auto industry in North America.
BBC Sport says Pep Guardiola said Manchester City “are not the best in the world” despite them extending their lead at the top of the Premier League to 12 points following victory over Brentford.
The Independent says Captain Tom charity paid thousands to daughter’s firm set up days before foundation established
BBC News says many UK families have cancelled half-term trips to mainland Spain and the Canary Islands because children over 12 must be double vaccinated to enter.
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

