Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Air France and Airbus convicted of manslaughter over flight AF447 crash

    May 21, 2026

    Senate Republicans postpone vote on reconciliation bill over DOJ fund concerns

    May 21, 2026

    Record levels of gonorrhoea and syphilis reported in Europe

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Air France and Airbus convicted of manslaughter over flight AF447 crash
    • Senate Republicans postpone vote on reconciliation bill over DOJ fund concerns
    • Record levels of gonorrhoea and syphilis reported in Europe
    • Allegations of assault on Hearts players ‘not proven’, says O’Neill
    • Oliver Glasner addresses Eberechi Eze after Arsenal’s Premier League title win
    • Aston Villa and Forest Players Shine in Key Match Analysis
    • Reckoning Action organisation addresses misogyny and seeks congressional accountability
    • Three teenagers who raped two girls avoid jail to support rehabilitation
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - Entertainment
    May 21, 2024

    Prince Harry suffers legal setback against Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun newspaper

    News DeskBy News Desk Entertainment 03 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Prince Harry suffers legal setback against Rupert Murdoch’s The Sun newspaper

    Prince Harry has suffered a setback in his latest legal skirmish with The Sun publisher, after a judge ruled he cannot take allegations against Rupert Murdoch to trial.

    The Duke of Sussex, 39, alleges he was targeted by journalists and private investigators working for Mr Murdoch’s media outlet, and is among 42 claims to be brought against the tabloid.

    Lawyers for the prince had sought permission to update parts of his case as they sought to link NGN executives such as Mr Murdoch to knowledge of hacking and unlawful activity.

    The High Court had previously heard that the final editor of the News of the World had confirmed to police that his boss Rebekah Brooks and Mr Murdoch had known about hacking by early 2011, after being informed of a reporter’s confession.

    2024 02 28T113103Z 1101859015 RC2RD1AT2UQ1 RTRMADP 3 BRITAIN ROYALS HARRY

    “The Claimants will seek the inference that Rupert Murdoch… was told about the Guardian allegations … and knew that the denial published by his company… was false or, at the very least, turned a blind eye to its veracity and that of the allegations,” they said in legal papers.

    In relation to Harry’s case, he was also refused permission to add new allegations relating to the years 1994, 1995 and 2016 and for other amendments that add to the allegations of phone hacking.

    It comes after News Group Newspapers (NGN) lost their bid to push back a full High Court trial, after they asked to hold a narrower-in-scope trial to decide if the cases had been brought too late.

    They currently face accusations dating as far back as 1993, which include blagging information, burglaries and bugging.

    In a ruling in April, Mr Justice Fancourt dismissed their request, saying it was “unsatisfactory” to delay the case by up to two years and increase overall costs.

    The publisher has previously denied unlawful activity took place at The Sun, while they have paid out hundreds of millions to victims of the phone hacking scandal at their former paper News of the World.

    However, a previous hearing heard that the prince could be forced to settle his claim against NGN because of the risks of high legal costs.

    David Sherborne, representing Harry and others, said the duke was “subject to the same issues” as actress Sienna Miller and actor Hugh Grant who both previously said legal costs contributed to the settlement of their cases.

    Mr Grant said he had been told by lawyers he risked being liable for £10 million in costs even if he was successful at a trial.

    More follows on this story

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-rupert-murdoch-phone-hacking-b2548519.html

    London Prince Harry Rupert Murdoch The Independent UK featured World News
    Previous ArticleNetanyahu denounces bid to arrest him over Gaza war
    Next Article Biden criticizes ICC prosecutor’s request for Netanyahu arrest warrant

    Keep Reading

    Oliver Glasner addresses Eberechi Eze after Arsenal’s Premier League title win

    Three teenagers who raped two girls avoid jail to support rehabilitation

    Saka, Saliba and Raya absent from Arsenal training ahead of final game

    King Charles encounters seagull droppings during Northern Ireland visit

    Christian charity claims boys now rape boys instead of girls

    Police name three women recovered from sea off Brighton beach

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Oliver Glasner addresses Eberechi Eze after Arsenal’s Premier League title win

    May 21, 2026

    Three teenagers who raped two girls avoid jail to support rehabilitation

    May 21, 2026

    Saka, Saliba and Raya absent from Arsenal training ahead of final game

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.