Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Climbers seek to deepen connection with British Columbia’s forests

    August 18, 2026

    Florida holds primaries for governor and Senate alongside key races in Alaska and Wyoming

    August 18, 2026

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Climbers seek to deepen connection with British Columbia’s forests
    • Florida holds primaries for governor and Senate alongside key races in Alaska and Wyoming
    • Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated
    • Trump threatens military action against Oman over Iran conflict involvement
    • Greece lifts dairy transport ban from Lesbos following disease outbreak
    • Germany Warns EU Electricity Tax Plan Threatens National Sovereignty
    • Summerland residents return home as around 1,200 properties cleared for re-entry
    • Justice Department seeks reinstatement of criminal charges against Kilmar Abrego Garcia
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Ex-NatWest boss won’t receive £7,600,000 after quitting over Farage row

    0
    By News Desk on November 10, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Dame Alison Rose left the company in July (Picture: Natwest Group)

    NatWest has said it will not pay £7.6 million to the former chief executive who resigned following Nigel Farage’s bank account being shut down.

    Dame Alison Rose left the company in July she admitted she was the source behind the BBC story which said the ex-UKIP leader’s account at Coutts had been closed due to a lack of funds.

    Mr Farage later revealed documents from the prestigious private bank which suggested the account was shut because his public statements did ‘not align’ with its values.

    The story prompted calls from several politicians for the law to be changed to prevent banks from shutting people out based on their personal views.

    NatWest said Dame Alison is currently serving a 12-month notice period as per her contract.

    According to a report from the Mail Online, the bank’s dossier cited his retweet of a Ricky Gervais joke about trans women and his friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic, who was against being vaccinated against Covid, to flag concerns Mr Farage is ‘xenophobic and racist’.

    Coutts chief executive Peter Flavel later announced he would be following Dame Alison in stepping down following the revelations.

    The BBC also apologised to the politician, as they acknowledged ‘that the information we reported […] turned out not to be accurate’.

    Dame Alison Rose left the company in July (Picture: Natwest Group)

    NatWest has said it will not pay £7.6 million to the former chief executive who resigned following Nigel Farage’s bank account being shut down.

    Dame Alison Rose left the company in July she admitted she was the source behind the BBC story which said the ex-UKIP leader’s account at Coutts had been closed due to a lack of funds.

    Mr Farage later revealed documents from the prestigious private bank which suggested the account was shut because his public statements did ‘not align’ with its values.

    The story prompted calls from several politicians for the law to be changed to prevent banks from shutting people out based on their personal views.

    NatWest said Dame Alison is currently serving a 12-month notice period as per her contract.

    According to a report from the Mail Online, the bank’s dossier cited his retweet of a Ricky Gervais joke about trans women and his friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic, who was against being vaccinated against Covid, to flag concerns Mr Farage is ‘xenophobic and racist’.

    Coutts chief executive Peter Flavel later announced he would be following Dame Alison in stepping down following the revelations.

    The BBC also apologised to the politician, as they acknowledged ‘that the information we reported turned out not to be accurate’. 

    Coutts Dame Alison Rose NatWest Nigel Farage The Metro
    Previous ArticleFinancial Times – Apple suffers setback in top EU court over €14.3bn Irish back taxes dispute 
    Next Article Erik ten Hag will be sacked if Manchester United fail to beat Luton claims Alan Brazil

    Keep Reading

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid tensions following Iran deal expiration

    Trump Reduces Military Exercises with South Korea Amid North Korea Dialogue

    Activity farm faces criticism over Titanic-themed ride seen as disrespectful

    Ukrainian Strikes Kill Six in Belgorod, Escalating Tensions with Russia

    Sainsbury’s halts facial recognition at London store after false accusation

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Andrew declines King Charles’s Balmoral holiday invitation over concerns of being isolated

    August 18, 2026

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid tensions following Iran deal expiration

    August 17, 2026

    Trump Reduces Military Exercises with South Korea Amid North Korea Dialogue

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.