Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Francesca Albanese Refuses To Resign as UN Rapporteur Amid Controversy

    February 22, 2026

    Germany Confirms No Plans to Purchase Additional F-35 Fighter Jets

    February 21, 2026

    Former Man Utd target backed to replace Liam Rosenior as Chelsea manager

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Francesca Albanese Refuses To Resign as UN Rapporteur Amid Controversy
    • Germany Confirms No Plans to Purchase Additional F-35 Fighter Jets
    • Former Man Utd target backed to replace Liam Rosenior as Chelsea manager
    • Majority of Europeans Support Changing ECHR Migrant Rules, YouGov Survey Finds
    • 23-Year-Old British Skier Caught in Massive Avalanche in the French Alps
    • Arsenal or Man City? Paul Merson says £20m signing could decide title race
    • How the European Union looks to counter China in Africa
    • UK Influencer Arrested for Allegedly Poisoning Husband with Wine
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    ‘Everybody knows the outcome’ – Mike Tyson responds to claims Francis Ngannou was robbed

    0
    By News Desk on October 29, 2023 News Briefing, Sport, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Cameroonian dropped Tyson Fury in the third round (Pictures: Getty)

    Mike Tyson has played down suggestions Francis Ngannou was robbed in his Battle of the Baddest against Tyson Fury but says ‘everybody knows’ what went down in the fight.

    The WBC champion survived an almighty scare on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia after claiming a spit-decision victory over the former UFC heavyweight champion despite being knocked down by the powerful Cameroonian in the third round.

    Many people – including one of the three judges – felt Ngannou had won the contest and the decision was met with raised eyebrows and even a few jeers in Riyadh when it was read out.

    Former heavyweight champ Tyson, who has been championing the 37-year-old Ngannou since the fight was announced, didn’t go as far as to claim his protege was robbed but certainly felt it was obvious who the winner was.

    Asked immediately after the fight by MMA Junkie how he had scored the bout, Tyson responded: ‘How’d you score it?!’

    When the reporter said he felt Ngannou had won, Iron Mike continued: ‘Alright. That’s how I scored it.

    ‘[Was it a robbery?] No. It wasn’t a robbery, but everybody knows the outcome!’

    Ngannou landed a massive left hand to drop Fury (Picture: Getty)

    Tyson had been in Ngannou’s corner for the fight and gave him a crash course in heavyweight boxing, while the Cameroonian’s trainer – MMA striking coach Dewey Cooper – was adamant they should have got the decision.

    ‘I thought we won the fight with the knockdown,’ said Cooper afterwards.

    ‘It was a back and forth fight but I felt like it was probably even on rounds and the knockdown should have given us the advantage – like the one judge had it, 95-94 is how I scored it.

    ‘I even told Francis in the last round that he had to stay sharp, don’t let him steal the fight.

    More: Trending

    Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou gets late regulation change ahead of opening bell

    Start time, TV information and undercard for Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou

    WWE’s Vince McMahon, 78, needs cane to walk at Tyson Fury fight

    ‘So I thought we had won it closely but even losing this fight closely is a magnificent accomplishment. Everybody, you guys [the media], everybody said we had no shot. Everybody said he was getting knocked out no matter what he do.

    ‘But he dropped the champ! The prime, undefeated champ. His first fight out. He went 10 rounds with as much energy as the champ. I felt we won the fight by a round or two.

    ‘But this is why boxing is going on a slight decline. Boxing is now a business disguised as a sport. We need to keep it real and make these decisions as transparent as possible.

    ‘At the end of the day it didn’t go our way but I’m proud of Francis!’


    MORE : Tyson Fury claims controversial victory over Francis Ngannou despite knockdown


    MORE : Oleksandr Usyk rates Tyson Fury’s display against Francis Ngannou and names date for unification fight

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    The Cameroonian dropped Tyson Fury in the third round. 

    Francis Ngannou Mike Tyson The Metro
    Previous ArticleLiverpool star Luis Diaz’s parents kidnapped in Colombia by ‘assailants on motorbikes’
    Next Article Eddie Hearn says Francis Ngannou was ‘robbed’ and Anthony Joshua ends Tyson Fury’s career

    Keep Reading

    Former Man Utd target backed to replace Liam Rosenior as Chelsea manager

    Arsenal or Man City? Paul Merson says £20m signing could decide title race

    Supreme Court Overturns Trump Tariffs: What It Means for Consumers

    UK Government Mulls Removing Andrew from Royal Succession Line

    Mikel Arteta urged to drop Arsenal star for Tottenham clash: ‘Due a rest’

    Man arrested at Gatwick Airport train station for carrying ‘two firearms’

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Friday’s News Briefing – Chaos in Westminster – More dead in Gaza and the weekend preview

    February 24, 2024

    Queen Elizabeth the Last! Monarchy Faces Fresh Demand to be Axed

    January 20, 2021

    To understand the new smart watched and other pro devices

    January 15, 2021

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.