Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Euronews Launches New Morning Programme at 8 AM Brussels Time

    February 22, 2026

    Supreme Court Strikes Down Most of Trump’s Tariffs: Economic Implications Ahead

    February 22, 2026

    Prince Andrew Arrested: Inquiry Deepens into Epstein Connections

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Euronews Launches New Morning Programme at 8 AM Brussels Time
    • Supreme Court Strikes Down Most of Trump’s Tariffs: Economic Implications Ahead
    • Prince Andrew Arrested: Inquiry Deepens into Epstein Connections
    • Jamie Carragher singles out Liverpool ‘game-changer’ after win over Nottingham Forest
    • Russia launches heavy bombing campaign on Ukraine, injuring 15 on Monday
    • Man in his 40s fatally stabbed in bustling Wimbledon high street
    • AI Candidate Gaitana Aims for Indigenous Seat in Colombia’s 2026 Elections
    • Chelsea star branded ‘stupid’ and accused of being ‘non-league standard’
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Chelsea want Moises Caicedo despite his new Brighton deal with Manchester United and Liverpool also interested

    0
    By News Desk on March 5, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Arsenal saw two bids for the Ecuador international rejected in January (Picture: Getty)

    Chelsea want to sign Moises Caicedo despite his Brighton contract extension with Manchester United and Liverpool also keen, according to reports.

    Arsenal saw two bids for the Ecuador international rejected in the final days of the January transfer window with Brighton adamant he was not for sale after losing Leandro Trossard to the Gunners as Caicedo recently penned a new deal.

    But despite the Seagulls getting the 21-year-old midfielder to agree to sign a contract until 2027 with the option of a further year, it will not stop Chelsea, United and Liverpool from trying to sign him in the summer transfer window.

    That’s according to The Telegraph who report that all three Premier League clubs are keen on bringing in Caicedo – who would cost well above £70m – which is what Arsenal offered in January and was turned down by Brighton.

    Caicedo’s agent said last month that the player was denied the ‘the dream of his whole life’ after the Seagulls refused to let him head to the Emirates.

    ‘The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moises says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life,’ Sierra told Marca90Ec, via Olé and Sport Witness. ‘That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated.’

    Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi, speaking to the Seagulls’ website after Caicedo penned his extension, said: ‘This is a fantastic news for the club, our fans, for me and most importantly for Moises.

    ‘It will make us stronger as we move forward towards our targets on the pitch.’

    Caicedo joined Brighton in 2021 from Independiente del Valle and has made a total of 36 appearances for the south coast club.

    Brighton have been enjoying a tremendous season in the Premier League and are in the fight to qualify for European football next term.


    MORE : Arsenal dealt blow as Moises Caicedo signs new Brighton contract


    MORE : Brighton star reveals fallout from Moises Caicedo failing to get Arsenal move

    January transfer window – FAQs

    Every deal completed in the Premier League

    How much did Premier League clubs spend in January?

    When could the summer window open?

    Can clubs still sign players after the deadline?

    Read the latest news and rumours on Metro.co.uk’s dedicated transfer hub.

    Arsenal saw two bids for the Ecuador international rejected in January (Picture: Getty)

    Chelsea want to sign Moises Caicedo despite his Brighton contract extension with Manchester United and Liverpool also keen, according to reports.

    Arsenal saw two bids for the Ecuador international rejected in the final days of the January transfer window with Brighton adamant he was not for sale after losing Leandro Trossard to the Gunners as Caicedo recently penned a new deal.

    But despite the Seagulls getting the 21-year-old midfielder to agree to sign a contract until 2027 with the option of a further year, it will not stop Chelsea, United and Liverpool from trying to sign him in the summer transfer window.

    That’s according to The Telegraph who report that all three Premier League clubs are keen on bringing in Caicedo – who would cost well above £70m – which is what Arsenal offered in January and was turned down by Brighton.

    Caicedo’s agent said last month that the player was denied the ‘the dream of his whole life’ after the Seagulls refused to let him head to the Emirates.

    ‘The offers were received, you see what is on the table and Moises says that he wants to go forward, that it is the dream of his whole life,’ Sierra told Marca90Ec, via Olé and Sport Witness. ‘That it is an opportunity that may not be repeated.’

    Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi, speaking to the Seagulls’ website after Caicedo penned his extension, said: ‘This is a fantastic news for the club, our fans, for me and most importantly for Moises.

    ‘It will make us stronger as we move forward towards our targets on the pitch.’

    Caicedo joined Brighton in 2021 from Independiente del Valle and has made a total of 36 appearances for the south coast club.

    Brighton have been enjoying a tremendous season in the Premier League and are in the fight to qualify for European football next term.

    MORE : Arsenal dealt blow as Moises Caicedo signs new Brighton contract

    MORE : Brighton star reveals fallout from Moises Caicedo failing to get Arsenal move

    January transfer window – FAQs

    Every deal completed in the Premier League

    How much did Premier League clubs spend in January?

    When could the summer window open?

    Can clubs still sign players after the deadline?

    Read the latest news and rumours on Metro.co.uk’s dedicated transfer hub. 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleAmbulance strikes called off as pay talks with government begin
    Next Article Aldi releases list of 30 places it wants to open stores – are any near you?

    Keep Reading

    Supreme Court Strikes Down Most of Trump’s Tariffs: Economic Implications Ahead

    Prince Andrew Arrested: Inquiry Deepens into Epstein Connections

    Man in his 40s fatally stabbed in bustling Wimbledon high street

    Cheshire Gas Blast: Five Hospitalised Following Food Truck Explosion | UK News

    Sarah Ferguson Resided at Luxury Swiss Spa Amid Epstein Revelations

    Andrew’s Former Secretary Under Police Investigation Amid Royal Crisis

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Friday’s News Briefing – Chaos in Westminster – More dead in Gaza and the weekend preview

    February 24, 2024

    Queen Elizabeth the Last! Monarchy Faces Fresh Demand to be Axed

    January 20, 2021

    To understand the new smart watched and other pro devices

    January 15, 2021

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.