- Inquiry launched after Yves Sakila dies following restraint by Dublin security guards
- Radio Caroline marks 59 years of challenging BBC’s broadcasting monopoly
- Police name three women recovered from sea off Brighton beach
- Investigation launched in Croatia over alleged human safari participation during Sarajevo siege
- Vilnius airport closes amid drone threat, prompting evacuation measures
- Ed Gallrein defeats Thomas Massie in Kentucky GOP primary backed by Trump
- Kenya transport strike suspended for a week following deadly protests
- Starmer eases UK sanctions on Russian oil as fuel prices surge
UK News
Sussex Police have officially identified three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea near Brighton beach on 13 May. The sisters, Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, are believed to have entered the water close to their recovery location.
Chancellor Rachel Reeves has reportedly urged major supermarkets to limit prices on staples such as milk and bread amidst ongoing cost-of-living concerns. This move is set against a backdrop of falling UK inflation, even as rising fuel costs linked to the Iran conflict present challenges.
UK MORNING BRIEFING
The HS2 project faces further delays, with trains now not expected to start running until 2036. Cost estimates have escalated to between £87.7 and £102.7 billion due to various mismanagement issues revealed in the Commons this morning.
People have suggested a ‘dad with kids’ could be behind the flurry of attacks.
A television cable was also used to whip and beat the victims.
Court documents relating to the Activision Blizzard acquisition have revealed a secret Xbox sequel, but what is the mystery game?
Chelsea interviewed the German earlier this week.
A Paris court on Friday sentenced Lebanese-Canadian citizen Hassan Diab to life in prison in absentia for the 1980 bombing of a synagogue in which four people died. Diab has long protested his innocence in the case which has been under investigation for decades. “We imagine that Hassan Diab will appeal this decision from Canada, where he is today,” says FRANCE 24’s Shirli Sitbon.
Multiple people witnessed the deadly crash, police said.
From our sponsors
Subscribe to News
Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.
Advertisement
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

