- Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically
- Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
- Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
- Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
- Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK
- Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member
- Wes Streeting calls Brexit a ‘catastrophic mistake’ in leadership bid
- Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana
Author: News Desk
In the notorious Saidnaya prison in Damascus, Syria’s dictator Assad systematically tortured and murdered political opponents. After the fall of the regime, terrible images from the underground tracts went around the world. Survivors and relatives now have hope. Metal press and blood-soaked ropes – The full extent of the Syrian torture system is now becoming apparent
The fall of the Syrian ruler Assad is fueling the refugee debate in Germany. However, just days after the end of the dictatorship, Syria’s future is still uncertain. The Union is already pushing for quick returns. After the fall of the ruler Bashar al-Assad, the future of Syria is uncertain. However, the CDU/ CSU parliamentary group is already demanding a speedy return plan for Syrian refugees from the federal government. There must be travel assistance and start-up money for those people who want to return to Syria voluntarily , said deputy parliamentary group leader Andrea Lindholz (CSU) in the “Bild”…
Syrians who had been forced to flee to refugee camps or neighbouring countries started to make their way back to their home country.
Islamic State (IS) , also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), has been widely defeated across Syria, but still poses a threat to the nation’s peaceful future.
The Prato prosecutor’s office investigates for disaster: safety procedures ignored. The warehouse and the company that was carrying out the maintenance work were searched. The key witness: “There were workers who were working on some pipes” Prosecutors’ accusation: “Wicked conduct behind the Calenzano massacre” https://firenze.repubblica.it/cronaca/2024/12/11/news/calenzano_esplosione_eni_ditta_matera-423878781/?rss
At least three people were killed and 20 injured, many of whom are in critical condition, after a Russian strike on the city Zaphorizhzhia in Ukraine on Tuesday. According to regional governor Ivan Fedorov, the strike hit a private clinic in the city centre, damaging buildings nearby. “Medics, police and rescuers are currently working at the attack site,” he wrote on Telegram. Among the victims were two doctors and a five-year-old girl. At least 11 were injured in a separate, double ballistic missile attack on the town of Zlatopil in the Kharkiv region. An administrative building and 16 residential buildings…
The Government has said it will build four new prisons within the next seven years in a bid to grip the overcrowding crisis. The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) promised to find a total of 14,000 cell spaces in jails by 2031. Some 6,400 of these will be at newly built prisons, with £2.3 billion towards the cost over the next two years. The remaining places will be found by measures including building new wings at existing jails, or by refurbishing cells currently out of action, and an extra £500 million will go towards “vital building maintenance”, the department said on…
An official says South Korea’s former defence minister Kim Yong Hyun attempted to kill himself but failed to do so. Shin Yong Hae, commissioner general of the Korea Correctional Service, told politicians on Wednesday that Mr Kim tried to kill himself at a detention centre in Seoul. He said his suicide attempt failed after centre officials stepped in and he is in a stable condition. At the same parliament committee meeting, justice minister Park Sung Jae confirmed the failed suicide attempt Mr Kim was arrested earlier on Wednesday after a Seoul court approved a warrant for him on allegations of…
In November, the Valencia Provincial Council elected Marcial Díaz as manager of the Provincial Firefighters Consortium. It has not been even a year since the Valencia Court ratified a conviction against him and three others convicted of profiting from aid to the countryside between 2009 and 2013 by falsifying invoices to justify the destination of said subsidies. The appointment comes at a time of reconstruction of the areas affected by dana. Díaz and three other convicts avoided sentences of more than ten months in prison in exchange for a fine that they have already paid by reaching an agreement. The…
The Royal Family, which denies disagreements with the Executive, assumes the decision that the Kings will not travel to Paris after learning of the unrest in Foreign Affairs. Spain’s institutional absence on Saturday at the reopening of Notre Dame puts the spotlight back on the relationship between the Government and the Royal Family. The non-attendance of the King and Queen and the Minister of Culture, Ernest Urtasun, invited to the event, has moved the tectonic faults of institutional relations. The government and the PSOE focused on Zarzuela as being responsible for the Spanish void in a cathedral where Donald Trump,…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

