Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know

    May 18, 2026

    EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline

    May 18, 2026

    Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know
    • EU and US officials prepare to revisit trade deal before 4 July deadline
    • Father killed in shark attack while spearfishing off Rottnest Island, Australia
    • Zelenskyy confirms Ukrainian long-range sanctions hit Moscow region
    • Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically
    • Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
    • Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
    • Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - Entertainment

    David Walliams claims ‘Channel 4 axed project’ following X-rated BGT leak

    0
    By News Desk on October 23, 2023 Entertainment, News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    David Walliams is suing Fremantle over a data protection breach (Picture: REX)

    Former Britain’s Got Talent judge David Walliams has reportedly claimed that his Channel 4 project was scrapped after his expletive rant was leaked.

    The Little Britain star, 52, is suing FremantleMedia for ‘significant damages’ after he was axed from the programme when an expletive rant he made about a contestant was leaked.

    Details from court papers have since allegedly been revealed, with Walliams said to be demanding £10million in damages after claiming that Fremantle Media, the company that distributes BGT, recorded conversations that he believed to be private for 10 years.

    In a High Court filing seen by Deadline, Walliams claims that his ‘reputation and earnings have been severely damaged’ as a result of the controversial leak.

    The legal document listed offers of work that had been ‘withdrawn,’ including a ‘travelogue across India on Channel 4.’

    The publication also claims that the series was said to have been canceled ‘entirely.’

    David resigned from BGT after his X-rated rant was leaked. (Picture: REX)

    Walliams apologised for the rant and left BGT (Picture: ITV)

    Earlier this year, Walliams brought legal action against Fremantle for misuse of private information and for breaching UK General Data Protection Regulation (UKGDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.

    In a statement, Fremantle told the publication: ’We had a long and productive relationship with David and so are surprised and saddened by this legal action.

    ‘For our part, we remain available and open to dialogue to resolve this matter amicably. However, in the interim, we will examine the various allegations and are prepared to robustly defend ourselves if necessary.’

    He is also accusing the company of causing him psychiatric harm and financial loss in documents seen by the PA News Agency.

    The court filing states Walliams believes producers ‘retained transcripts… of everything he said’ during his time on the show and claims the defendant ‘must be the ultimate source of the transcripts’ that were leaked.

    According to the documents, Walliams and the other judges on the show would not usually remove their microphones until filming had ended for the day.

    The comedian assumed he was only being recorded when contestants were on stage or during behind-the-scenes filming.

    Walliams alleges private conversations, including him talking about his struggles with food addiction, his father’s death and his wife leaving him, could have been recorded by the production company.

    Metro.co.uk has reached out to Channel 4 and David Walliams’ reps for comment.

    Got a story?

    If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


    MORE : Amanda Holden ‘always supportive’ of David Walliams despite Britain’s Got Talent drama


    MORE : BGT ‘offered David Walliams £1,000,000 deal despite knowing about X-rated rant’

    David resigned from BGT after the rant was leaked. 

    Channel 4 David Walliams Presenters The Metro
    Previous ArticleFrightening moment plane nose tilts upward as passengers disembark
    Next Article Manchester United assistant manager makes decision on taking vacant Ajax job

    Keep Reading

    London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    King ‘stunned’ as soldier dies in fall from horse at Royal Windsor Show

    Supreme Court rejects Virginia Democrats’ bid to restore voting map

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know

    May 18, 2026

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    May 17, 2026

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    May 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.