Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically

    May 18, 2026

    Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister

    May 17, 2026

    Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • Man drives into pedestrians in Modena, injuring eight, four critically
    • Modena driver confirmed not suspected of terrorism, says Italy’s minister
    • Drone strike targets UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, causing fire
    • Modi strengthens EU-India ties during Sweden business round table meeting
    • Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK
    • Qantas Airways flight diverted to Tahiti after passenger bites crew member
    • Wes Streeting calls Brexit a ‘catastrophic mistake’ in leadership bid
    • Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Kolo Toure defends Arsenal star Rob Holding ahead of Manchester City and Erling Haaland test

    0
    By News Desk on April 25, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Rob Holding will have to try to contain Erling Haaland when Arsenal play Man City (Photo: Getty)

    Kolo Toure says Rob Holding is not to blame for Arsenal’s disastrous recent run as the Gunners prepare for the pivotal clash at Manchester City.

    Arsenal’s chances of winning the Premier League title have taken a nosedive over the last three weeks, having taken just three points from a possible nine.

    Firstly, they blew two-goal leads at Liverpool and West Ham before scraping a 3-3 draw with bottom of the table Southampton at the Emirates last Friday.

    It means that their lead over City is down to just five points having played two games more, and what’s more they travel to the Etihad on Wednesday night for what looks set to be the title deciding game.

    Many believe Mikel Arteta’s side, who have topped the table for so long, have blown it in the title race, with some fans turning their anger on Holding who has started the last five league games in the place of the injured William Saliba.

    Centre-back Saliba had been pivotal to Arsenal’s title campaign and his absence has been noticeable, with the team failing to keep a single clean sheet since he suffered a serious back injury in the Europa League defeat to Sporting Lisbon in March.

    However, former Arsenal and City defender Toure believes the criticism of Holding is not warranted and believes the rest of his side must do better in order for the 27-year-old to play at his best.

    Kolo Toure won the Premier League with both Arsenal and Man City (Photo: Getty)

    ‘He hasn’t played a lot of games but he’s a player that the manager trusts,’ Toure, who won the title with both clubs, told football.london.

    ‘I don’t think the [recent] results have only been his fault. It’s been the [entire] team, in my opinion, it’s not only him who defends. Everybody defends with him.

    ‘You just need to to stay calm and just try to help his team because he’s part of the team. When you’re a manager, you have 23 players that you count on and when there’s an injured player, there’s one who will have to come and Holding has been trying his best.

    More: Trending

    Brighton winger Kaoru Mitoma says playing against Man Utd star was a ‘complete defeat’

    Man Utd star pictured with crutches and protective boot in latest injury fear

    Mauricio Pochettino gives Todd Boehly his assessment of Chelsea squad ahead of arrival

    ‘And for me, it’s too easy to blame him because he’s the one who is playing right now, but he is doing his best, and it’s up to the team to to make sure they can help him perform as well.’

    Prior to this run, Holding was yet to start a league game this season and had in fact played just 19 minutes of Premier League football.

    The Englishman did start Arsenal’s FA Cup fourth round game at City back in January but was subbed off at half-time have been booked and run ragged by the goal-scoring sensation that is Erling Haaland.


    MORE : Champions Manchester City will prove to be a cut above title rivals Arsenal


    MORE : Mikel Areta reveals Arsenal star Granit Xhaka is a ‘doubt’ for Manchester City clash

    For more stories like this, check our sport page.

    Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

    ‘I don’t think the results have only been his fault.’ 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleBorussia Dortmund consider move for Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher
    Next Article When is Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith? Date, venue and tickets for the rematch

    Keep Reading

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    King ‘stunned’ as soldier dies in fall from horse at Royal Windsor Show

    Supreme Court rejects Virginia Democrats’ bid to restore voting map

    IDF launches extensive airstrikes on Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon.

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    Woman detained for carrying a ‘genuine sword’ at Unite the Kingdom protest | News UK

    May 17, 2026

    Trump scores major Republican primary victory as Cassidy ousted in Louisiana

    May 17, 2026

    BT Tower in London set for major hotel makeover following £275 million sale

    May 17, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.