Close Menu
WTX NewsWTX News
    What's Hot

    First HS2 trains delayed until 2036 as costs soar to £107 billion | News UK

    May 19, 2026

    Ireland confirms detention of six citizens by Israel during aid flotilla mission

    May 19, 2026

    Martin Ney sentenced to life for killing three boys from 1992 to 2001

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Latest News
    • First HS2 trains delayed until 2036 as costs soar to £107 billion | News UK
    • Ireland confirms detention of six citizens by Israel during aid flotilla mission
    • Martin Ney sentenced to life for killing three boys from 1992 to 2001
    • EU rebuffs Italy’s calls for more lenient budget rules amid tensions.
    • Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK
    • International Rescue Committee launches emergency response to Ebola outbreak in Central Africa
    • EU improves preparedness for quarantine measures six years on.
    • Maldives government recovers bodies of five Italian divers after tragedy
    • Memberships
    • Sign Up
    WTX NewsWTX News
    • Live News
      • US News
      • EU News
      • UK News
      • Politics News
      • Business News
      • Tech News
      • COVID – 19
    • World News
      • Middle East News
      • Europe
        • Italian News
        • Spanish News
      • African News
      • South America
      • North America
      • Asia
    • News Briefing
      • UK News Briefing
      • World News Briefing
      • Live Business News
    • Sports
      • Football News
      • Tennis
      • Woman’s Football
    • My World
      • Climate Change
      • In Review
      • Expose
    • Entertainment
      • Insta Talk
      • Royal Family
      • Gaming News
      • Tv Shows
      • Streaming
    • Lifestyle
      • Fitness
      • Fashion
      • Cooking Recipes
      • Luxury
    • Travel
      • Culture
      • Holidays
    WTX NewsWTX News
    Latest News - News Briefing

    Meghan slams ‘frankly ridiculous’ claim about why she’s missing coronation

    0
    By News Desk on April 23, 2023 News Briefing, UK News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Meghan’s team have said it’s ‘false’ to suggest she’s not going because of an exchange between herself and Charles in 2021 (Picture: Reuters)

    Meghan Markle has denied reports she’s not attending the King’s coronation because of a letter she sent to Charles two years ago.

    The Duchess of Sussex reportedly sent a letter to Harry’s father voicing her concerns over unconscious bias in the royal family.

    According to the Daily Telegraph, the letter was sent following her appearance with her husband on the Oprah Winfrey Show in March 2021.

    During the interview, Meghan claimed there had been speculation about how dark their unborn son’s skin would be by a royal family member.

    The newspaper’s source claimed the exchange was one of the reasons why Meghan is not going to the coronation on May 6, saying she felt she did not receive a satisfactory response to her concerns.

    A spokesperson for Meghan said: ‘The Duchess of Sussex is going about her life in the present, not thinking about correspondence from two years ago related to conversations from four years ago.

    ‘Any suggestion otherwise is false and frankly ridiculous. 

    Meghan will not be attending the King’s coronation on May 6 (Picture: PA)

    ‘We encourage tabloid media and various royal correspondents to stop the exhausting circus that they alone are creating.’

    The paper previously reported Meghan’s letter was sent in response to a letter from Charles, in which he expressed his sadness over the split within the family.

    It’s also suggested the letters made clear the identity of the senior royal who made the comment.

    More: Trending

    Trump hands out pizza and asks ‘does anyone want a piece that I’ve eaten?’

    Haul of vintage comics and toys ‘worth millions’ found engulfing abandoned house

    Mike Lindell ordered to pay $5million to Trump voter who debunked election fraud claims

    According to the paper, both Meghan and Charles acknowledged the remark was not made maliciously.

    The monarchy was plunged into crisis following the claims as the Windsors faced allegations of racism.

    Since the Oprah interview, Harry has denied the couple accused members of the royal family of being racist.

    Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

    For more stories like this, check our news page.

    ‘The Duchess of Sussex is going about her life in the present, not thinking about correspondence from two years ago related to conversations from four years ago.’ 

    The Metro
    Previous ArticleSunday Mirror – Johnson’s £4k a night hol at loan pal’s villa  
    Next Article The Observer – Tory plan to politicise civil service after Raab scandal 

    Keep Reading

    First HS2 trains delayed until 2036 as costs soar to £107 billion | News UK

    Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK

    Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit

    Two Teens ‘Sexually Assaulted on Great Yarmouth Beach’, Manhunt Underway

    Russia Attacks Ukraine with Extensive Drone Strikes, Claims Casualties

    London Tube Strikes Confirmed for This Week: What You Should Know

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    From our sponsors
    Editors Picks

    Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

    January 11, 2021

    EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

    January 11, 2021

    World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

    January 11, 2021

    Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

    January 11, 2021
    Latest Posts

    First HS2 trains delayed until 2036 as costs soar to £107 billion | News UK

    May 19, 2026

    Abusers are Misusing Doorbell Cameras and Smart Sunglasses as Weapons | News UK

    May 19, 2026

    Justice Department establishes $1.7 billion fund to end Trump IRS lawsuit

    May 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest news from WTX News Summarised in your inbox; News for busy people.

    My World News

    Advertisement
    Advertisement
    WTX News - Latest Global news and analysis and Breaking news with Exclusive News Briefings
    Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram

    News

    • World News
    • UK News
    • US News
    • EU News
    • Business
    • Opinions
    • News Briefing
    • Live News

    Company

    • About WTX News
    • Register
    • Advertising
    • Work with us
    • Contact
    • Community
    • GDPR Policy
    • Privacy

    Services

    • Fitness for free
    • Insta Talk
    • How to guides
    • Climate Change
    • In Review
    • Expose
    • NEWS SUMMARY
    • Money Saving Expert

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 WTX News.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.